New member(RR3R)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member(RR3R)

New member here, I won't bore you with the story but basically scored a RR3R for $200 with a Jackson HSC from a buddy.

The pros: Its in very, very good condition...I won't say mint but for 10+ year old guitar that hasn't been in the hands of a collector by any means, I'm surprised. The neck and headstock are immaculate...the front side of the body is also immaculate. The backside has the usual buckle rash, although most is on the trem plate. One small chip on the top wing point.

The cons: Its missing the clamp for the locking nut and the bridge is recessed all the way back. However, it still has all 4 springs on the trem block. Its getting setup though so that didn't bother me. Oh, and its missing the A string.

The neckplate has the serial number number "9646529" engraved below the Jackson logo. Not sure if that even means anything w/ the imports as far as year goes.

I apologize for the horrible pic I took on my cell phone the first night I had it haha:

welcome aboard nice rr3r very cool

Comment

Originally posted by TroubledWine View Post
      The neckplate has the serial number number "9646529" engraved below the Jackson logo. Not sure if that even means anything w/ the imports as far as year goes.
      It does, but I don't have my charts with me. Made in Japan, and I'll say between 1998 - 2000.

Welcome.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nice score man. Congrats!
        Do you think atheists with dyslexia and insomnia lay awake at night wondering if there really is a doG? :think:

Comment

Nice! looks like its got the satin silver hardware too! Didnt Musicians Friend do a limited run like that? Shit I cant remember

Comment

Welcome to jcf. I always loved a reverse on a rhoads. Nice score.

Comment

Welcome! Looks good.

Comment

Working...
              X