jacksonguitars.net???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacksonguitars.net???????

Alright, I need to know what the deal is with jacksonguitars.net. Is this some kind of spam site? I've replied to some of the ads listed, with my junk mail just to see what happened and never received a response. Also have searched here for info and have been unsuccessful in finding anything out about this site other than, whoever this is has bought up every Jackson domain possible, another being jacksonfanatic.com. If you type in Jackson sl1 in google and look at the images, these sites are tagged on almost all of them. WTF is going on!

I'm curious to know myself. They have a bunch of cool used guitar listings, but many of them seem to be stale. No listing date? No search feature? Very odd.

Comment

These sites have been active for quite awhile too and nobody has even blurbed a fart about them. You would think a site with 2000 Jacksons and Charvels would attract some kind of attention. :think:

Comment

They are all just links to eBay listings. Perhaps he gets a cut if you visit eBay through his site??

The URL on the eBay page is different if you go to an item through his site, as opposed to going to the same item directly. He must get paid for the link traffic.
        Last edited by BayRocker; 01-30-2011, 02:44 PM.
        My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Here is the domain info for both Jacksonguitars.net and jacksonfanatic.com which seem to bo one and the same but one is registered out of PA and one out of CA.

WHOIS information for jacksonfanatic.com :
          [Querying whois.verisign-grs.com] [Redirected to whois.schlund.info] [Querying whois.schlund.info] [whois.schlund.info] % The data in the WHOIS database of 1&1 Internet AG is provided by % 1&1 for information purposes, and to assist persons in obtaining % information about or related to a domain name registration record. % 1&1 does not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a WHOIS query, % you agree that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, % under no circumstances, you will use this data to % (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission by e-mail, % telephone, or facsimile of mass, unsolicited, commercial advertising or % solicitations to entities other than the data recipient's own existing % customers; or % (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that send queries or % data to the systems of any Registry Operator or ICANN-Accredited registrar, % except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or modify existing % registrations. % 1&1 reserves the right to modify these terms at any time. % By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy. domain: jacksonfanatic.com created: 20-Aug-2009 last-changed: 16-Jan-2011 registration-expiration: 20-Aug-2011 nserver: ns51.1and1.com 74.208.2.8 nserver: ns52.1and1.com 74.208.3.7 status: CLIENT-TRANSFER-PROHIBITED registrant-firstname: Oneandone registrant-lastname: Private Registration registrant-organization: 1&1 Internet, Inc. - http://1and1.com/contact registrant-street1: 701 Lee Road, Suite 300 registrant-street2: ATTN: jacksonfanatic.com registrant-pcode: 19087 registrant-state: PA registrant-city: Chesterbrook registrant-ccode: US registrant-phone: +1.8772064254 registrant-email: [email protected] admin-c-firstname: Oneandone admin-c-lastname: Private Registration admin-c-organization: 1&1 Internet, Inc. - http://1and1.com/contact admin-c-street1: 701 Lee Road, Suite 300 admin-c-street2: ATTN: jacksonfanatic.com admin-c-pcode: 19087 admin-c-state: PA admin-c-city: Chesterbrook admin-c-ccode: US admin-c-phone: +1.8772064254 admin-c-email: [email protected] tech-c-firstname: Oneandone tech-c-lastname: Private Registration tech-c-organization: 1&1 Internet, Inc. - http://1and1.com/contact tech-c-street1: 701 Lee Road, Suite 300 tech-c-street2: ATTN: jacksonfanatic.com tech-c-pcode: 19087 tech-c-state: PA tech-c-city: Chesterbrook tech-c-ccode: US tech-c-phone: +1.8772064254 tech-c-email: [email protected] bill-c-firstname: Oneandone bill-c-lastname: Private Registration bill-c-organization: 1&1 Internet, Inc. - http://1and1.com/contact bill-c-street1: 701 Lee Road, Suite 300 bill-c-street2: ATTN: jacksonfanatic.com bill-c-pcode: 19087 bill-c-state: PA bill-c-city: Chesterbrook bill-c-ccode: US bill-c-phone: +1.8772064254 bill-c-email: [email protected] % See http://registrar.1und1.info for information about 1&1 Internet AG

WHOIS information for jacksonguitars.net :
          [Querying whois.verisign-grs.com] [Redirected to whois.enom.com] [Querying whois.enom.com] [whois.enom.com] =-=-=-= Visit AboutUs.org for more information about jacksonguitars.net Registration Service Provided By: Namecheap.com Contact: [email protected] Visit: http://namecheap.com Domain name: jacksonguitars.net Registrant Contact: WhoisGuard WhoisGuard Protected () Fax: 8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #110 - 732 Westchester, CA 90045 US Administrative Contact: WhoisGuard WhoisGuard Protected (e8bcb685b3634da58d5d9f089426cc6c.protect@whoisgua rd.com) +1.6613102107 Fax: +1.6613102107 8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #110 - 732 Westchester, CA 90045 US Technical Contact: WhoisGuard WhoisGuard Protected (e8bcb685b3634da58d5d9f089426cc6c.protect@whoisgua rd.com) +1.6613102107 Fax: +1.6613102107 8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #110 - 732 Westchester, CA 90045 US Status: Locked Name Servers: dns1.registrar-servers.com dns2.registrar-servers.com dns3.registrar-servers.com Creation date: 17 Aug 2009 00:56:09 Expiration date: 17 Aug 2011 00:56:09 Get Noticed on the Internet! Increase visibility for this domain name by listing it at www.whoisbusinesslistings.com =-=-=-= The data in this whois database is provided to you for information purposes only, that is, to assist you in obtaining information about or related to a domain name registration record. We make this information available "as is," and do not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a whois query, you agree that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to: (1) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that stress or load this whois database system providing you this information; or (2) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via direct mail, electronic mail, or by telephone. The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or other use of this data is expressly prohibited without prior written consent from us. We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by these terms. Version 6.3 4/3/2002

Comment

Maybe some kind of stat counter to see how many hits for production purposes maybe? As is if you guys can't tell, I have WAAYYYY too much time on my hands Both sites were started in 09. I'm really curious now.

Comment

Weird, most of these guitars are not on ebay. I've looked. You're probably right though, some kind of ebay payoff.

Comment

I get it now, if they don't go to ebay they redirect to Musicians Friend. That's BS. Sorry about the long whois posts. I wasn't thinking how annoying it looks. Peace.

Comment

Brad Kelley used to own www.jacksonfanatic.com. Then it got parked for some years. And now someone has picked it up again to earn a buck.
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

There is a lot of "front-end" crap going on at the moment. Front-ends to eBay. There's profit involved, for sure.
                    And why is it crap? Because people looking for guitar info or history will get these sites as hits in Google. I just hope that Google will somehow "read" these sites and dump them far back in the search results. But I have a feeling that money talks. Also at Google.
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

No doubt, rings true more than ever theses days. Usa used to mean quality, not so much anymore. Now made in USA means, they have a nice corporate office here. Seems all good things eventually are ruined by the good ol dollar. Damn greed, I hate money. I remember Brad Kelley's site, that was a great site.

Comment

Working...
                      X