New Admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Admin

Wow Todd, with a string of words like that, I'm ready to vote you for President!!
    [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    Again, congrats... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Gimme a couple of years... I think everyone's fascinated with the prospect of Arnold Schwarzenegger becoming president or holding some political office in California at the moment. I don't wanna make him mad and pummel me, so I'll just concentrate on the JCF for now... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Occupy JCF

Comment

cheers dude, congrats [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

ah crap...couldn't you pick someone else other than Todd, what a farkin arsehole [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Just kidding...congratulations Todd, now get to work...heheh
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

TEKKY's list of people to watch like a hawk and dispense justice with extreme prejudice if they step out of line:

Toejam
            Shawn Lutz

[img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Walk tall and carry a big banning stick [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yeah! Those two get out of line... **THWAP** Right across the back of their, uhhh, profile...

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Occupy JCF

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My dead grandma hits harder than you! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Welcome Tekky!
                    Nice guitars on your wwweb
                    Mmmmmmmmm Maplenecks...

Comment

Welcome Tekky!
                      Nice guitars on your wwweb...
                      Mmmmmmmmm...
                      ...Maple necks...

Comment

hellcome aboard dude [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Might as well throw my congratulations in. Welcome to the team. Don't let the other admins make you sell your soul to the Fender boys. Please remember, this board was originally founded as an INDEPENDENT voice, free and clear of corporate control or influence.

Comment

Do you really want to make things public Greg? Do not attack us if you don't want us to retaliate.

[ July 19, 2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Sandman0170 ]

Comment

I'd have to add ..we really haven't set out to have a war with you or flame you in any way so is that really fair?
                              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I'd have to say times have changed drastically since this board was first started. When we first put it together, it was intended to be a replacement for a board that was strictly inhabited by hard core collectors and players of exclusively the early USA made Jackson and Charvel guitars. We wanted more of an professional feel than that crappy thing I had running. Then we migrated to the then-new EZ board and put together the format that loosely resembles what we have today.

I won't go into all the battles and personality clashes that we had, rather the membership and overall interest of the board. As time went on, we began to gather people from all walks of Charvel/Jackson life. These folks being those into "Model" series Charvels, new custom shop instruments, 750's, Predators, Jackson Professionals, and everything else under the sun that was released by Jackson post-1986. By virtue of those changes, the JCF became a place not exclusively for these, ugh...what did Newc call me?..Charvel snob?. Anyway, this was all an evolution prior to the Fender buyout. The original board was never conceived to be "independent" per se. The guiding principle of the JCF was "By the fans, for the fans" meaning it was not sponsored or specifically endorsed by Jackson Guitars, Inc. We did not set out to be a corporate watchdog over Jackson shooting arrows at any and everything we didn't like. That was never the intent. It was neither the intent (and I think this is what Greg is referring to) to be a 100% Jackson Guitars, Inc. rah rah board. We wanted to be able to voice opinions about new products positive or negative. Not being endorsed by Jackson as the "official site" (though we were for a period) provided the latitude to voice opinions accordingly.

I see both sides of the issue. I think Greg still wants to call things as he sees them and the current admin staff want to remain neutral (siding on the supportive side of Jackson) while not taking too negative of a stance on issues they don't agree with. If you look at the current admins, they are all very good about being supportive of most things, rarely critical, and simply keeping things on the board flowing smoothly. The board has evolved way past what I wanted out of it and now, Greg, it has evolved out of what you wanted out of it. This is why it is good to have rotating admins. You need to recycle people through the system as the needs and environment of the JCF change.

The main reason I got and started Charvel Central was the fact that this board and some of the admins had drastically different views of things. Also, there was (and still is seeing how the Strathead 25th anniversary thread is going) an anti-Charvel backlash that kept recurring mainly due to a younger and different membership than the crew that started this board which was guys into the old school guitars.

None of this is a bad thing and neither is the fact that Greg has different views than the admins. I see it as natural evolution and change.

Change is good.

Bret
                                www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Working...
                                X