Is this worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this worth it?

"I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

The "serial number" is actually the work order number since this might be a pre-pro guitar. $5999 is way too much. I'd say maybe $2-3k if authenticated and the right guy buying it
    This space for rent

Comment

This one has been runnin around a while I have seen it in at least 3 different states in the past 5 years
      Haters gonna hate
      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

I saw it and was a bit stunned. But I don't know the value of any Charvel, let alone an old one.
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Is it worth it? I wouldn't pay that for it, so no, IMO, it's not worth it.

Will someone pay that? Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
            This one has been runnin around a while I have seen it in at least 3 different states in the past 5 years
            I remember a vintage dealer had one and they were asking $3k
            This space for rent

Comment

I would say HELL NO, If you were a huge Jackson/Charvel history buff, and want to own a fairly rare piece that is one thing, but at 6K, that is pretty ridiculous, I don't know anything about dating them, but I would imagine it might be difficult to verify that is what the guy claims it is.
              Last edited by Gibsonmac; 02-02-2011, 11:06 PM.
              Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

I would have thought that such an early guitar (1980?) would have a lower serial than 2xxx. But I wouldn't spend $6000 on any guitar, so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                  I would have thought that such an early guitar (1980?) would have a lower serial than 2xxx.
                  See Post #2:

Originally posted by tgreensl1 View Post
                  The "serial number" is actually the work order number since this might be a pre-pro guitar.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X