Info on a Jackson Charvel....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on a Jackson Charvel....

Well let me start off by saying I know nothing about guitars. I love music, but I can promise I would be a horrible musician. Anyway, I found this guitar and the price was to good to pass up, so I drug it home. I was thinking of just putting in on CL, since I will never get around to playing it. I was just wondering about general information on this model? And what is something in this condition valued at? Guess worse case, I can just hang it on the wall and call it art Heres some photos, not the best but you can see what it is.

Charvel Spectrum body I think, but don't know on the neck.. I think I've seen that headstock on a Kramer maybe somewhere but don't know.
    Last edited by warlok; 02-04-2011, 02:14 AM.
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Yeah, not a Charvel neck at all. See ya on eBay!
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Looks like a piece of shit. Garbage can it.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
          Yeah, not a Charvel neck at all. See ya on eBay!
          Its not going on ebay, if it is indeed a frankenguitar. I will part it out on the bay. Done this with audio equipment before.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            Looks like a piece of shit. Garbage can it.
            If you guys really want me to toss it in the garbage, I can send you a video of me playing burning man with it. Sure it will melt into a nice blob..hell I don't have much into it.

Comment

Originally posted by cooljjay View Post
              Its not going on ebay, if it is indeed a frankenguitar. I will part it out on the bay.
              Clear as mud.
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

The body is for sure a Spectrum. The headstock on that neck doesn't look like anything I've seen before. It could be anything from a cut down Squier to a paddle headstock cut to that shape. Either way, not sure if it's terribly valuable. The body, depending on shape and the viability of the electronics should be OK.

Burning it? I wouldn't. Especially when you could grab a contemporary series neck on the 'bay, provide a bit of TLC, and have a pretty decent spectrum.

As far as the animosity towards the newby coming here looking for info, I've always felt that it is misplaced. It's a damned if they do and damned if they don't situation. If he does, he's vilified for coming here and daring to ask such questions. But, if he doesn't, he's ridiculed in the eBay forum as being a moron for not knowing anything about the guitar. I guess it's one of the things that this forum has turned into that makes me somewhat ashamed to be a member here anymore.
                Last edited by Tekky; 02-04-2011, 03:09 PM.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                  As far as the animosity towards the newby coming here looking for info, I've always felt that it is misplaced. It's a damned if they do and damned if they don't situation. If he does, he's vilified for coming here and daring to ask such questions. But, if he doesn't, he's ridiculed in the eBay forum as being a moron for not knowing anything about the guitar. I guess it's one of the things that this forum has turned into that makes me somewhat ashamed to be a member here anymore.
                  Thanks, I am glad someone understands. I posted about the guitar because I have no idea about it. I hate to say it but I am not a musician, but does this mean I can't buy a guitar for resale? I found this in the junk pile at a thrift store, if I didn't get it, it would be at the landfill. I now want to offer it up to someone who collects jackson guitars or a musician. But I don't want to misrepresent the guitar or ask a ridiculous price for it. So I have to ask the experts. I understand the whole we hate newbies, because they just want us to do the work and price their stuff. Honestly I did all the research I could, and couldn't find this exact model. Now I know why, because its a frankenguitar. Now I can sell it as that or piece it out.

About the neck, there is the name Kahler made in the USA stamped on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                    I hear you and I try to answer guitar ID questions as best I can, but to be fair, I've seen a lot of noobs who treat board members like their personal JC information slaves. In any case, for new members who just sign in to estimate value and sell their guitars on the bay, a little common courtesy and honesty goes a long way.

I have nothing creative to add to this thread. Good luck Cooljjay.
                    Last edited by levantin; 02-04-2011, 03:51 PM.
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post

I have nothing creative to add to this thread. Good luck Cooljjay.
                      Thanks, I will probably just stuff it in a closet.

Its as I thought when I bought it, that it is there for a reason. Strange thing is it had a pawn shop sticker on the rear for $350.00. I feel sorry for who ever paid that price...maybe I shop take it back and see what they'll give me for it lol

Comment

About the neck, there is the name Kahler made in the USA stamped on it.
                        The Kahler is on what is called the "nut" of the guitar. These are parts that can and are often changed. To my knowledge, Kahler never made necks. Just tremolos and bridges (and golf clubs).
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks, I will probably just stuff it in a closet.

Its as I thought when I bought it, that it is there for a reason. Strange thing is it had a pawn shop sticker on the rear for $350.00. I feel sorry for who ever paid that price...maybe I shop take it back and see what they'll give me for it lol
                          As stated, the neck is unknown and not desirable. The body may be worth a buck or two. The neckplate is probably the most valuable thing on the guitar...valued at about $20. Hopefully you do not have more than $25 invested here. Not sure what putting it in a closet is gonna do.

Good luck with whatever route you take.

Comment

It's sad what this place has become. It used to be a cool place to hang and talk about guitars. Now, it is becoming a bastion for tools and trolls with only few bright spots. It's become the elitist forum that we were accused of being by the ESP, Ibanez, BC Rich and other various guitar/music forums. Maybe some of the others had it right, they tried to split off and make a go of it with their own forums. Sadly, for some reason or another, their efforts fizzled. It is astounding that this place has lasted so long with this attitude.

When I was an admin here, I was no angel. I had an attitude and was very prone to anger. But despite that, I would get e-mails and private messages asking information about Jacksons and Charvels. If I couldn't answer them, I'd point them here. Now, when I get e-mails, I ask some of the old JCFrs that I'm still in touch with. Never would I subject someone looking for help to some of the stuff that you guys put people through.

When someone asks for info, what does it matter what they do with it?? If they use that info to sell their guitar what impact does it have on the forum?

I can see if the newb is being a tool himself that the forum jump in and give him the business. But in this particular case (and many others like it) this person did nothing but look for info. Yet, he's practically run off with accusations about the guitar going on eBay like it's a bad thing.

OK, I'll stop yammering on about this. I've said my peace. I just want the JCF to be a righeously cool place to hang again.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
                              As stated, the neck is unknown and not desirable. The body may be worth a buck or two. The neckplate is probably the most valuable thing on the guitar...valued at about $20. Hopefully you do not have more than $25 invested here. Not sure what putting it in a closet is gonna do.

Good luck with whatever route you take.
                              Thanks, I have probably 25$ into it. But the same day I picked up a marantz receiver got my money plus more from it. So really the guitar cost me nothing. I will pull what I can from the guitar and list it some day, just in case someone out there is looking for a missing piece.

If I put it in the closet, I won't have to deal with it lol

Comment

Working...
                              X