charvel fusion maple should i buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel fusion maple should i buy?

A friend of mine has a charvel fusion for sale. Its got the rainbow crackle finish,maple neck and fretboard,emg 81 in the bridge and emg sa in the slanted neck position.floyd rose tremelo,chrome hardware,original case. he wants 400,that seems a little high to me what do you guys think? It does have a couple nicks in it but nothing major at all.

I have a rainbow model 6,and it thought it would be cool to add another rainbow charvel to the collection. Ill try to get pics.

Depending on condition, $400 seems a fair asking price.
    Throw down or fucking bite your own bullet.....

Comment

If it has the proper ie. double locking Schaller trem and not the cheaper single locking version that some Fusion's came with go for it!

You could part it out in a flash if you decided you did not bond with the guitar. And a maple neck sells ubber fast either here or on ebay. EMG's sell pretty fast as well.

Good luck!

Try to get him down to say $350 and then its really a solid deal.

Pics BTW????

Comment

I havent seen it for a while,its from a guy i have known for 20 years.I used to see and play it all the time. What do you mean by double locking? Do you mean lock on the floyd and the nut side? I dont get to see it again till monday night so i will take some shots.

Im not so sure about 400 either because i know of a 500 model six. but i dont think he will come down

Comment

Single locking tremolo as made by Schaller. Found on some cheaper Charvel's as well as some occasional Charvette's too. Can be converted to a true double locking trem with new saddles. Can not speak for the quality of the base plate mind you. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that.

True double locking tremolo as made by Schaller. Second to none except perhaps the Original Floyd Rose. A little darker sounding IMHO than the OFR due to the different (inferior?) metals as found on the base plate.

Last edited by vklobucar; 02-06-2011, 09:07 AM.

Comment

If it is all orginal it will have the double locking trem , it is a Fusion Deluxe .
            Mike
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
              Single locking tremolo as made by Schaller. Found on some cheaper Charvel's as well as many Charvette's too.
              JT-570 on many Charvettes? This is new to me. Please elaborate or perhaps provide pics, vklobucar. I have seen quite a few Charvette guitars, but none had that tremolo
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

My first Charvette had that same trem in black. Looking at the Audiozone pics I am starting to think that it might have been swapped before I bought it??
                Last edited by vklobucar; 02-05-2011, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I guess anything is possible with those Charvettes. Maybe they were used for the montly clean up of old spare parts at the factory.

I can almost hear Team leader Fujikima-Charvie-san yelling: -"Chōdo soko o 1tsu suramudoa o sorera o nyūshu! Dare mo kizukudeshou!" ("Just slam it one there and get them out the door! No one will ever notice!")
                  Henrik

Comment

Actually the deeper I dig through audiozone I see that my particular Charvette actually came with a true double locking tren. So that means at some point before it came into my sweaty teenage hands, it was swapped for the cheaper single locking version.

At that point in time my playing was so bad that being in tune would not have helped me one single bit! LOL!

Comment

It has double locking,and it is all stock besides the emg's.

I thought the customs or deluxes came with h-h or h-s-s?

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                        Actually the deeper I dig through audiozone I see that my particular Charvette actually came with a true double locking tren. So that means at some point before it came into my sweaty teenage hands, it was swapped for the cheaper single locking version.
                        So for future readers, your statement "..as well as many Charvette's too" can be just a wee bit misleading, as none of the Charvettes came with the JT-570.
                        Henrik

Comment

The things we learn on Audiozone eh? My mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by superev1l View Post
                            It has double locking,and it is all stock besides the emg's.

I thought the customs or deluxes came with h-h or h-s-s?
                            Sounds like a 1989 Fusion Deluxe:
                            http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...9Imports05.jpg

Comment

IDK.. $400 seems like ALL the money for a Fusion,, I guess if i is a "Must have" than go for it.. I would try to negotiate down though.
                              John 3:16

Comment

Working...
                              X