Stolen Charvel Fusion - Edinburgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Charvel Fusion - Edinburgh

Hi, I just wanted to get it known that my Charvel Fusion Custom was stolen from my flat in Edinburgh, Scotland yesterday.

It is the (candy?) blue and is in pretty minty condition for its age. Whilst not being terribly valuable I am quite attached to it and would ask anyone in the local area to keep an eye out and inform the police if seen.

Serial is 346413.

Thanks.

Edit:Apologies for spelling. It's been a long couple of days...

Man that sucks ass... I feel for ya brother
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

I would feel the same way, kick him in the nutz when they catch him.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That sux. Awesome color.
        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I had my Charvel stolen from me in 1994, an '89 750xl (see my other posts).

I have never been the same since.

Comment

This is a shitty thing to happen.Keep checking ebay and gumtree.Probably need to check every hock shop in Edinburgh as well.Although it will most likely have been swapped for a tenner bag of smack by now.I,m doing a hock shop tour this weekend i will keep an eye out for it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your guitar being stolen. Hope the local authorities have some luck and get it back for you.

Comment

Thanks guys. Already done the rounds for most places here, need to put the word out in Glasgow as well. All places I've spoken to have been very helpful. I am hopeful that as it is quite unusual it may surface at some point...

As a follow up I've been asked by insurance to provide an equivalent guitar for replacement. In terms of equivalent build quality and features, what new model would be suggested by the experts (I have a fair idea, just require corroboration)?

Thanks

Comment

Good luck getting this back...sorry to hear about this! Lame thieving bastards!

Comment

Replacement value is tough because the only way to replace the features of that guitar is to order custom shop one. Closest current (well only really ) production Charvel would be a Japanese pro-mod right, but of course these are very different guitars. I don't think there is a production short scale dinky/soloist model in the Jackson line-up either. A DK-2 would be close, just a different scale length.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Sad to hear this, man! Cut his balls off when you find him!
                      I'd go for a Japanese Pro Mod or tell 'em "a Jackson SL3 is the modern equivalent!"
                      I'd opt for those two.

Comment

That thing looks sweet mate, such a shame. Hopefully the guy that nicked it impales himself on it.
                        Yeah, I'd try for an SL3 off them - although last time I was in a guitar shop in Glasgow they said they cost over £1000 now!!!!
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

aww Buddy thats Baws!!

hope you get it back.

Comment

I think an SL-3 might be pushing it a bit, but I've spoken to a couple of shops and as far as I am concerned, the current DK-2 is the best fit for features and build (shortscale aside), though the Fusion has the JT-590 trem which is likely to be better.
                            Last edited by RunDMC; 02-20-2011, 06:35 AM.

Comment

If the thieves have a brain between them, they won't advertise it on the net for sale, but rather have someone(s) in mind who would buy it outright. A similar situation happened here years ago...an expensive Kramer was stolen, and being a shred machine type instrument, the victim went to pawn shops, music shops, luthiers, local music clubs, etc and put up flyers with pics/ serial numbers, etc...eventually led to the arrest of the guy who had it...he never admitted to theft but admitted to buying it from "a black guy" for cheap.

Good luck dude. That really sucks - couldn't imagine if someone kidnapped one of my girls. Would be like losing a child...almost....

PS - a shitty line of thought, but, do you have any friends that coveted that thing? You'd be surprised....
                              Anyway, dude got his fiddle back.

Comment

Working...
                              X