guitar worth thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar worth thread?

Someone needs to put together a simple guitar worth thread for us noobs that need to know.

Am am looking for my next guitar and find a bunch of "deals", but I don't know if they are really deals. It would be sweet if we had a basic thread with some different models, that showed their approximate value, based on good condition, etc.

Is that possible?:think:

I'm afraid the only answer you're going to get is $300!!

Comment

I'm no expert but you're talking about a fairly monumental task. Consider that the market values of guitars are constantly fluctuating and keeping up with that is almost a full-time occupation. Then there's the subjective aspect to market value, meaning market is determined by what folks are willing to pay at any given point, not necessarily what they are worth by retail guides like blue book value.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
        I'm no expert but you're talking about a frigging monumental task.
        Fixed!
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Easiest way would be to get the model name and number say Jackson sl2h. Then based on that and the color and condition it would be easy to give you a ballpark figure.

Comment

OK, lets say a Model 4 for example.

Comment

A guitar is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it...
              sigpic
              Action Jackson

Comment

It's called "the blue book of electric guitars"... It's a good place to start.. Or look on Ebay in "completed Listings".. That's a pretty up to the minute indicator of guitar values..
                John 3:16

Comment

Completed listings on eBay is the best place - but ultimately - its how much someone is willing to pay. When trying to sell, you need to remember - there's guitars you want to sell, and there's guitars people want to buy.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Here's the old "Import Charvel Blue Book" thread:

It's from '03, so add somewhere around 25% to most of the prices, and keep in mind that not everyone was online back then looking at completed eBay prices, so there were way more pawnshop steals and clueless sellers to take advantage of.

Comment

Yeah, man we ain't your guitar appraisal service here....
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        Yeah, man we ain't your guitar appraisal service here....
                        LOL No, but we will appraise a pizza. Of course you'll have to send it to me, and I'll have to eat it to give you it's true value....and then, wait you'd have no pizza then. Oh hell, my brain ain't working right. I must be hungry, so go ahead and send me a pizza.
                        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                        X