Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Charvel Model 2 Question(s)

Hey Everyone,

I'm new here and here for a reason. I just bought my friends Charvel Model 2 with case for $200.00. It has the Fort Worth neck plate and Ive heard that means made overseas. Now to my question(s)... 1. It has a coil tap switch. Ive never seen one on any other Model 2 picture so I'm wondering if its an aftermarket mod. 2. I'm also wondering if it is the original trem. Its a Kahler licensed Floyd Rose what looks like 2700 Series. I would have posted a pic but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to insert one. Ive loved this guitar ever since my friend bought it, Love that 1 pickup look so I jumped at it when he offered. Besides my questions, if anyone can tell me any useful info on this model I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance

The coil cut switch is definitely aftermarket.

The model 2 came with a Kahler fulcrum trem in 86 and a Jackson lic Floyd in 87 & 88. There are Kahler lic Floyds that will fit the later models, but I thinkk the only Kahler that will retrofit the fulcrum is the Steeler.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

No not the Steeler. Its known as the Killer.
      1986 Mod 2 came stock with the single locking Kahler 2500 (Fulcrum)
      Only trem with the correct post spacing is the double locking Kahler 2700 (Killer)
      I think I have read or maybe heard that some type of Wilkinson will fit, but I replaced my Mod 2's 2500 with the 2700 and will never look back. It plays and stays in tune just as well as ANY Floyd equipped guitar I've ever played.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Thanks-knew it was one of the two.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Good deal, especially if the trem has been upgraded to the Killer. To post a pic, you need to upload it to a free site like photobucket.com, then insert the link to the pic in your post by clicking on the icon that looks like a picture of a tree.

Comment

Thanks for the photobucket tip...I have another question coming up bout changin strings with that Kahler...ill have a pic ready for that post....

Comment

Working...
            X