Anyone put a Gibson pup in a PC1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone put a Gibson pup in a PC1?

Just asking because I think Im going for a PC1 and maybe the Gibson pup will get closer to that Gibson tone. Les Pauls and me are fighting I just rather have a Jackson. Thanks

A pickup is just a pickup. Go for it.

I get along fine with my Les Pauls-not sure what's going on there.

Comment

I don't even put Gibson pickups in my Gibsons...
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

You need a shoddily constructed set-neck with a lot of glue seeping out of the neck joint to get that Gibson tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          I don't even put Gibson pickups in my Gibsons...

Lol...

Comment

if you want a les paul you need a mahogany body and neck. Make sure its over 9000 pounds and you got a gibson. Thats the only way really

Comment

I've tried several Gibson pickups in different Jacksons - only one I liked was a 498T in a Kelly PS6T. Had a "kickin' your ass" tone.

Other than that, I've found Gibson pickups only sound good in Gibson guitars.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I put a 490R and 498T in my fusion H-H and it sounds pretty good so no complaints here go for it.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i put a gibson '57 classic in my gold sparkle charvel strat, match made in heaven.
                  best playing and sounding guitar i've ever played in my life.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I was gonna steal the Gibson 500T and 498T out of a '93 Studio Lite and put them in my Charvel M5 but was talked out of it by my luthier...ended up with a SD dimebucker and SD jazz in the neck. That Studio Lite sure had an awesome tone, though. Luth said it wouldn't transfer to the Charvel, even though Mahogany. Something about the LPSL stuffed with basswood.

Luth also told me I should be ashamed of even thinking of bastardizing a classic like that...referring to the imported M5, of course!!!

Comment

What happened to Elvis Tommy?
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                        You need a shoddily constructed set-neck with a lot of glue seeping out of the neck joint to get that Gibson tone.

sigpic
                        Action Jackson

Comment

My Les Paul sounded good, but wouldn't stay in tune and the pickups were ridiculously noisy. A bone stock KV2T will NAIL the sound you're looking for without the noise issues. I personally think that the 24 3/4 scale has a bit to do with the tone as well when string resonance comes into play.
                          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                          X