ok everyone calm down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok everyone calm down

I just got done reading that stop blameing or whatever ESP thread and i must say i have never seen people as angry on this board untill now. Now as a huge guitar nut like everyone here is i personly love ESP ( custom line that is ) but i dont think everyone here hates ESP or am i wrong? ( which i probley am )

Re: ok everyone calm down

Does it really fµcking matter??

If I had the money I'd have so many diffrent kinds of guitars

Ibanez Iceman, and Distroyers
    Hamer Standards
    About 30 Gretschs
    A buttload of Strats and Teles
    another buttload of Charvel/Jacksons

Then a few oddbals like Reverends, DiPintos, and other funky guitars.

--------------------
    I can play any guitar I want.
    I choose SILVERTONE -- Paul Stanley

Comment

Still hate ESP. For the cost of one of their bootlegs, I can get a real Jackson or Gibson for half the price. Their guitars are well-made but they lack the innovation that makes them truely unique.

Comment

I love ESP, Ibanez and Jacksons equally [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

I just hate Dave! I would hate him if he played Jackson again.
          www.kiddhavok.com
          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth:
            Still hate ESP. For the cost of one of their bootlegs, I can get a real Jackson or Gibson for half the price. Their guitars are well-made but they lack the innovation that makes them truely unique.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That math doesn't really add up...

But anyways, I have no problem with ESP's, and especially no problem with the ESP board. That kid was a moron, but we occasionaly have a few running around here too. Like I said in my other post, I have seen some AMAZING custom ESP guitars in their Japanese catalog. At least from what I could tell just by looking at the pictures, they had guitars on par with the Zoraxe for uniqueness(ugly as it is, the Zoraxe is at least a guitar craft feat).

Comment

I could care less if he went to ESP. Him getting a Jackson bootleg through ESP is a bit annoying though.

Comment

Want links to ESP's Japanese catalog? Here ya go:
                www.jacksonguitars.com
                www.gibson.com
                [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

The Japanese catalog is more blatant than the US one, and the prices suck twice as hard!!

Comment

I really have nothing against ESP, but Hardthread2 was being a pr1ck so I said something to hopefully p!ss him off! I
                  think a lot of the response he got was due to his attitude, and it was good to see that the guys at the ESP forum were
                  not backing his claim to represent them.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I wouldn't mind ESP's if they were cheaper. Their prices for something that usually has been done before are too high.

I don't know why some ESP fanboys act the way they do towards other guitar-makers, either. They remind me of the die-hard Fender worshippers who won't even stop to consider that metal knobs just might be better than plastic ones. Too many won't listen to the opinions of others, and assume their opinions are indeed factual when they're not; they're only opinions.

Comment

you realy need to bother wasting your breath on most of the people from the esp board...

most of them only own esps cos metallica play them

sad but true [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Its realy getting retaded over there, you cant have a discussion about anything without somone calling you or getting pissed off (or the topic leading off into a metallica discussion)

RaR!

Comment

Just remind them that before Metallica was getting paid to play ESP's, they were playing Gibsons and Jacksons. They arguably recorded their best stuff on Gibsons and Jacksons.

Comment

in the long run... who gives a sh*t?

If you buy a guitar just cos your hero plays one your a idiot...(not to offend people with sig guitars cos there are alot of good ones out there)

same goes with any peice of gear... if its not want YOU want... why get it?

RaR!

Comment

I've owned a couple 1980's ESP Mirage Guitars and they were good copies of the USA Soloist. They had nice hand carved neck joints when the Jackson's were still a bit chunky in that area. But having said that they were still just that, copies of a USA Jackson design. I think ESP make a good value on the used market however. Something like the ESP Stephen Carpenter has my attention. I'd be happy to sit one of those next the Jackson's in the family.
                            [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by DeathIsMyJustice:
                              in the long run... who gives a sh*t?

If you buy a guitar just cos your hero plays one your a idiot...(not to offend people with sig guitars cos there are alot of good ones out there)

same goes with any peice of gear... if its not want YOU want... why get it?

RaR!
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Because a lot of newbie guitarists can't tell jack sh*t's difference between wood "A" and wood "B," as well as other differences in guitars, and need to start off somewhere. Why not what you see the pro's play? Sure they only play custom shop ones hand-made specifically for them, but the cheap POS knock-offs of the sig models couldn't possibly be bad, could they (sarcasm)? MTV musicians know fine instruments when they see them, and couldn't possibly swindle you into buying a POS that sucks ass (sarcasm again).

Comment

Working...
                              X