New guy here, just trying to say hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy here, just trying to say hey

Hey guys, I just joined and thought I would stop in and say hello. I am ordering an SL2H Soloist soon and the dealers I am talking to says they can get me a great deal on one. So hopefully I will have it soon. I have been wanting my own USA Soloist since I was 16 and now I have the chance to get one. After I get that one an SL2H-MAH and a Pro Mod So Cal will be coming....

Also a quick question. I am also looking at some extreme shapes like the Kelly, Warrior, King V and Rhoads, And I was wondering which shape is the most balanced and easy to play overall? They all look damn awesome, but in terms of comfort, playability, ext, which shape seems best for anyone out there?

Thanks guys.

Thanks

Helloooooooo Churchie!

Trying or succeeding? Bwa

Originally posted by church2224 View Post
    like the Kelly, Warrior, King V and Rhoads, And I was wondering which shape is the most balanced and easy to play overall?
    Of those, I think the Warrior fits the bill.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I see you joined up over here huh? Loads of good dealers here as well.. That deal i told you about over at SS.org came from a dealer here. Piney Hills.. Welcome to the board!!
      Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 03-01-2011, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Welcome aboard the board...lol

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Of those, I think the Warrior fits the bill.
        I have to agree with Ron as the Warrior is one of the best balanced pointy guitars out there. I do personally prefer the King V body style. Playing standing up if you rest the inside of the lower V wing on the inside of your back leg the neck will be in the perfect classical position.
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Welcome.

The KV2 is very well-balanced and easy to get around on standing/sitting, but can't go wrong with any of them.
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

The Kelly is my all-time favorite guitar shape. They can be a bit neck-heavy though if you play standing up.
            For me, it's just incredibly comfortable to play. The Warrior looks like it would have the same comfort level though...
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

King V!

Comment

A warm welcome Mate!

Comment

Welcome!

I'd suggest either the Warrior or the Kelly, although the Kelly is unbalanced when standing.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I think that from what I am reading that I am going to rule out the Kelly. Great looking guitar just I am hearing a lot about neck dive andb balancing issues. The warrior seems to be winning me over with comfort, I need to go try one out. I am still not ruling out the king v and the rhoads. Looks like It is going to be a big year for me, hopefully a new soloist and a new warrior coming soon!

Thanks again guys.

Comment

Hello from another new guy. Good luck with your search!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackstrat View Post
                        Hello from another new guy. Good luck with your search!
                        Thanks Blackstrat! I am going to need it, too many USA Jacksons to choose from. I guess that is a good thing lol

Comment

Originally posted by church2224 View Post
                          Hey guys, I just joined and thought I would stop in and say hello. I am ordering an SL2H Soloist soon and the dealers I am talking to says they can get me a great deal on one. So hopefully I will have it soon. I have been wanting my own USA Soloist since I was 16 and now I have the chance to get one. After I get that one an SL2H-MAH and a Pro Mod So Cal will be coming....

Also a quick question. I am also looking at some extreme shapes like the Kelly, Warrior, King V and Rhoads, And I was wondering which shape is the most balanced and easy to play overall? They all look damn awesome, but in terms of comfort, playability, ext, which shape seems best for anyone out there?

Thanks guys.

Thanks
                          Probably going to agree with the majority here and say Warrior, unless you play in classical position sitting down. Then either of the Vs (I like the Rhoads better due to the shorter horn) will do.
                          I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                            Probably going to agree with the majority here and say Warrior, unless you play in classical position sitting down. Then either of the Vs (I like the Rhoads better due to the shorter horn) will do.
                            The Warrior is fine in the classical position. I actually like it better for sitting than the Rhoads. I always seem to need my left leg propped up a little for the Rhoads (the same way Randy did), but wearing a strap while sitting helps that. Overall, I still prefer the Rhoads. The King V is fine, but I like the offset Rhoads body better.
                            I never had any neck dive with a Kelly, just felt the body was sort of tilting out a little and away from my body. Putting the strap over the top of the body helped with that, though.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Try a Rhoads. If you play it sitting, wear a strap while doing so. For feel you will either love it or not like it at all. I have no experience with the warrior personally but I have heard their strong point is ergo comfort and balance.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X