New guy here, just trying to say hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    The Warrior is fine in the classical position. I actually like it better for sitting than the Rhoads. I always seem to need my left leg propped up a little for the Rhoads (the same way Randy did), but wearing a strap while sitting helps that. Overall, I still prefer the Rhoads. The King V is fine, but I like the offset Rhoads body better.
    I never had any neck dive with a Kelly, just felt the body was sort of tilting out a little and away from my body. Putting the strap over the top of the body helped with that, though.
    Perhaps I should have been a bit clearer. I meant that the warrior would be the obvious choice, unless you play classical position, in which case the Vs are viable.

Also, I always use a footstool when playing classical position, as most classical players do.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

Welcome, dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
        Perhaps I should have been a bit clearer. I meant that the warrior would be the obvious choice, unless you play classical position, in which case the Vs are viable.

Also, I always use a footstool when playing classical position, as most classical players do.
        I only play in the classical position with every guitar, but the Rhoads seems to be the only one I need a stool for, or I'll prop my foot up on the guitar case.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Welcome !

Make sure to post some pics whenever you get your guitar !

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash02 View Post
            Welcome !

Make sure to post some pics whenever you get your guitar !
            Oh I will don't worry. It might be May or June before I get it when I get back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I only play in the classical position with every guitar, but the Rhoads seems to be the only one I need a stool for, or I'll prop my foot up on the guitar case.
              I break footstools once in a while, and I end up using my old Roland Micro Cube !
              I like EL34s.

Comment

So I went to a couple of stores today and played an RR and a King V and found the King V muc hmore comfortable to play while sitting and standing.

Anyone have any good experience with the KV2? Looking at that after my SL2H Soloist arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by church2224 View Post
                  Anyone have any good experience with the KV2? Looking at that after my SL2H Soloist arrives.
                  You seem to be quite rich, sir.

Comment

You seem to be quite rich, sir.

lol, sort of, I am a college student and I work for the government in the summer and do landscaping and snow removal in the winter, fall and spring. After taxes I do not spend much money on anything but my truck insurance and maintenance and any and all guitar related expenses.

I try for one guitar a year and even then I still have a lot left over.

Comment

Okay ^^

I'm also a student, quite broke, but I think when I'll start working, I'll start spending all my money on guitar stuff xD. That's the way it should be I guess, live in a lousy, dirty flat, eat pizza every day, BUT own the best gear ever for guitar stuff :p

Comment

Okay ^^

I'm also a student, quite broke, but I think when I'll start working, I'll start spending all my money on guitar stuff xD. That's the way it should be I guess, live in a lousy, dirty flat, eat pizza every day, BUT own the best gear ever for guitar stuff :p
                        Not trying to be a jackass, but It's all about money management. AFTER all is taken care of, food, taxes, rent ect. there is still enough left over for some gear. I guess I just work my ass off during the year.

All might be changing though, I need to get a new truck next year....
                        Last edited by church2224; 03-11-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Not trying to be a jackass, but It's all about money management.

All might be changing though, I need to get a new truck next year....
                          Good money management would dictate a slightly used (1-4 years old) truck though.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I think that from what I am reading that I am going to rule out the Kelly. Great looking guitar just I am hearing a lot about neck dive andb balancing issues. The warrior seems to be winning me over with comfort, I need to go try one out. I am still not ruling out the king v and the rhoads. Looks like It is going to be a big year for me, hopefully a new soloist and a new warrior coming soon!

Thanks again guys.
                            I used to play Kellys exclusively. The only one I had neck dive on me was the one made in India. It was still one of the best Indian Jacksons I've ever played, but it did have that issue. None of my Japanese or USA Kellys ever had any balancing problems.
                            I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Good money management would dictate a slightly used (1-4 years old) truck though.
                              Yeah I know! I went to the Ford, GMC, Chevy and Ram sites yesterday and the prices for a new one is rediculous! Even a basic V6 4x4 is out of my reach. Best deals so far are the basic 2004-2008 F150s, nothing wrong with em though.

And Forrest, let me see if I can find a USA or Japanese (i.e. KE5FR) to try out. The ones I played had a lot of neck dive. I tried going out to local shops today and all they stock are the Indian Jacksons. Which brings up another point.....why are shops not stocking USA or Japanese Jacksons anymore? Two years ago I could walk into Guitar Center and find three USA Soloists, or go to a local shop and gawk at all the Pro Series. Now it is just hard to find a DK2...
                              Last edited by church2224; 03-12-2011, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X