Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse head stock hard case

Hey folks

Does any one know where I can get a fitted Jackson Dinky fitted hard case for my DXMG with a reverse headstock?

My google searches only seem to find regular headstock fittings.

The newer Jackson case has a large area at the HS that accommodates both.

Comment

I think it fits in a standard Jackson case.
      BLS/SDMF

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        The newer Jackson case has a large area at the HS that accommodates both.
        Did they recently start making a newer style case? The old style is the worst hardshell case I've ever had. The neck rest is too short, which allows the tip of the headstock to sit on the bottom of the case. That's a recipe for disaster. Aside from that, overall, the case seems flimsy. I NEVER use the case that came with my SL1T to transport the instrument. If they are now using better cases that's cool.

Comment

I don't know which one you're talking about. My Soloist cases don't let the neck tip rest on the bottom of the case... They are the plastic ones that only fit a standard headstock, with metal latches.

I have an SKB POS that does like you say, but it's not the "official" Jackson one. I had one of the new-style Jackson ones at one point but I sold it, and I don't remember it allowing the headstock tip to touch, either... In fact I bought it especially because the SKB was doing that.

But that one I sold looks a lot like the new one Jackson is using for a lot of stuff I see, which has the ABS TSA latches and fits either HS orientation, and is most likely made by SKB.

So maybe the SL1T sits funny because of the neck tilt? :think:

Comment

Working...
          X