Reverse Headstock...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Headstock...

I'm curious, and not trying to start a war, but i would like to know who here digs the reverse headstocks, who hates them, and why.
    For some strange reason, i love them. They're kind of uniqe and different and look badass, but i've seen some poeple hate on them. I'm just curious why. That's all.

~Dinky

I love them for looks, but they are not to practical, but looks are far more important

Comment

Overall, I do not like them. Visually, they look cool on some guitars. But not on others. With straight-ish headstock designs they look okay. For example, I like ESP's reverse pointy. But I don't care for a reverse Jackson headstock.

Functionality wise, I don't like'em for the reasons explained in Question #5 of the FAQ in this thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/115...on-LONG-THREAD

They are harder for me to tune as well. I'd rather tune from the top than the bottom.

Comment

I guess I always use double locking tremolos, so tuning during a performance is never done at the headstock.

Comment

I like them, but as stated above not practical for tuning. They tend to give the guitar a more aggressive look, IMO.

Comment

I just like the looks of the normal better... Don't really hate the reverse, just prefer the normal.
            Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

, do a search, we just had a war over this. Reverse headstocks LOST.

Comment

I'm sorry, I have a reverse opinion about that.(te he!) I thought reverse WON.
                You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Once the Floyd nut is locked, it really makes no difference. And, it looks cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                    Overall, I do not like them. Visually, they look cool on some guitars. But not on others. With straight-ish headstock designs they look okay. For example, I like ESP's reverse pointy. But I don't care for a reverse Jackson headstock.
                    +1. I've had a couple Dinky Reverse models, but I think it's a little bit of an eyesore the way they point up. I just think the regular Jackson headstock works. I don't care for ESP's regular headstock, but I do like that one reversed.
                    I don't mind tuning a reverse headstock, though. I've got a Carvin SC90 with reverse headstock and I think it looks and functions fine.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/113...eastock+lovers
                      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I don't like Jackson reverse headstocks... I prefer those from ESP, but I'm not into reverse ones anyway ^^

Comment

Ah, was already wondering if I either had a deja vu or traveled back in time
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I'm sorry guys, I didn't see the thread in my search. Thanks for the link.

Comment

I like them...
                              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                              X