What is FMIC up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is FMIC up to?

That's fine, as long as you're not one of the endorsees that got shafted! I've lost complete faith/respect in the A&R department after I was told that "their plate was full at the moment", then turned around and signed on over a dozen new artists to the program. Total [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Re: What is FMIC up to?

That is a side I have not considered to be honest. That isn't nor ever will be becuase I ain't that good [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . It is very valid for consideration though. I was @ Lalapalooza and it appear Fender bought the guy from stinkubus away from PRS. SO Fender itself is looking for endorsees so it makes you wonder what thier plans for Jackson are?
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I was told that after I had already been with Jackson for over 4 years at that time. I should have done what some of the other guys did and asked to be compensated for the Guitar World ad and catalog appearances. Geez ! Stupid me.

Comment

Maybe you should get a Fender sponsorship sorry I couldn't resist.

Current status with them is an endorsee in limbo or did they offically let you go?

Comment

The thing is that people like Mike Eldred (former head of the Fender Custom Shop, and now in a higher position if FMIC) and Mike Shannon were working for FMIC before Jackson was bought. I am sure they had lots of input to the powers that be when Fender was contemplating the sale. Fender knew exactly what they were buying. Fact is, other than the Sambora modle Strats, there has never been a Fender guitar that successfully competed with a Jackson, Ibanez, ESP guitar. The closest they ever had was the HM Strat which only lasted around 5 years.

Here is what I think is happening. Fender knows that fads change. Plus they are cranking out thousands of Fenders each day. Someday the demand will wane. If they diversify into Guild, Gretsch, Jackson, SWR, Sunn (yeah, they stopped making this stuff, but still could use the name anytime) and whoever else they pickup up or become licensed to manufacture alongh the way, keeps them rolling in a viable market.

As far as endorsed artists go, give it time. I remember when Fender reopened under the new ownership in '85 for several years they only had a handfull of artists. Now look at how many they have.

[ July 17, 2003, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

I was officially told that they currently have too many artists on their roster. But, 2 months prior to that I was told that all endorsees will be supported as they have been in the past and will continue to be supported. Then they revamped the A&R department and that's when endorsees started dropping like flies.

Comment

Jim good htoughts. It makes a lot of sense. When Fender Dies off Jackson could rise again. Diversify like with your portfolio aye?

Comment

Exactly. Remember, to the stock holders, these companies are investments.

And Fender had a ton of endorsed artists after the CBS sale. They let almost all of them go except for maybe a dozen hiogh profile names and started over. I am not saying this is what they are doing with Jackson. They probably feel that once they get the bugs worked out of the machine, they will have plenty of artists approaching them.

[ July 17, 2003, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

PS, last I heard the Tom Delounge no longer has a signature model. Right now Fender is authorized to use his image and stuff until the rest of his signature model guitars are sold. After that it will be marketed under a different name.

Comment

MAybe Tom will sign with Jackson ha ha

Comment

I am guessing that Jackson is waiting for my band to put out our demo this fall, then back me 110% all the way to the freakin' top!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

What is FMIC up to?

Really they are letting endorsee's go. Are they trying to roll up Jackson? I think not. I think they have a strategy. Are any of the endorsees Jackson have really going to influence a Jackson fan already to buy a guitar? Lets say you want a Warrior they sign loomis to a sig Soloist. Are you now going to buy that Sig Loomis or still your warrior? I am betting the Warrior. I think Fender is seeing Jackson as more just a niche and custom Market with loyal following. Shedding endorseesisn't bad for that. Tom Anderson has done okay with no endorsees. Now Fender itself is taking on endorsees and it makes sense. Tom Delounge sells guitars and fits with that guitar ya know. Who would sell Jackson a ton of guitars that fits? Hamster or Hetfield is all I can think of personally.

That is my take so what do you think Fender is up to?

Comment

Working...
                        X