Thinking about buying, need expert advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about buying, need expert advice

Heres an RR of some sort Im thinking about buying but the HS looks a little fishy. Ive requested better shots of the HS, waiting for them to come.

Is this a fake Jackson? If so I still may be interested in it just for the body. Any help would be appreciated.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

I think it's just the aspect. The h/s is so high above the camera that the angle makes it look a bit off. Hopefully more pics will confirm.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

What I see appears to be an 80s early 90s Made in USA after the logo. If that is indeed what it says, than its the deal of the year, but the trussrod adjustment cutout and the thickness of the Jackson logo is whats throwing me off.

Comment

all I can see in that pic is some kind of white mark after the logo, an unbound neck & h/s & a rosewood fretboard. Oh, and a missing truss rod cover.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Is the output jack on the bottom of the lower wing? It's also got an aftermarket V plate on the body that is crooked.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Is the output jack on the bottom of the lower wing? It's also got an aftermarket V plate on the body that is crooked.
            Good eye, yeah the output is on the lower wing.

Comment

Look how high up the V plate sits on the left side, and the right side should be closer and almost touching the scratch plate/pickguard.

Comment

For reference, here's my old black RR1T and my GMG RR1T.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	001-4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	2445296

Name:	RRbb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	2445299

Name:	RR1T%20GMG.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	2445297

Name:	RR1T%20GMG%20(2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	2445298

Comment

So was there ever a Jackson RR with the jack on the lower wing? I cant believe I didnt think of that.

Comment

There was the Rhoads EX with a Floyd and the PS3T/PS3. Can't remember if the RR4 or older RR3 had their jacks in that location. Not sure about the X series either.

Comment

Performer series and I believe older pros.

Comment

I happened to be at that Music Go Round store on Saturday, and the guitar is a fake. Well, more specifically, the "Made in USA" logo is definitely fake, if for no other reason than that the inlays are MOTO and the guitar is definitely an import in all regards. I wasn't even interested enough to take it down and check it out, so I have no idea about the neck plate or anything else.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cool, thanks for all the help. I think Im going to pass. I mean $200 isnt a lot, but all the monkeying thats been done to it, nah. I want an RR thats at least an RR3 or Pro.

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about this guitar as well. The nice fellow that answered the phone was nice enough to let me know that this was a fake. Sucks too, because that color is sick!!! I am a sucker for green guitars!!
                            Throw down or fucking bite your own bullet.....

Comment

Working...
                            X