Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Guitar

Hi,
    This is the first electric guitar i bought when i was about 14. I was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out where and when it was made? I don't really understand the serial info on the jackson site. I bought it in about 2000-01 i think, but it was so long ago i'm not positive.

I'd appreciate any info anyone can give me. Thankyou!

Maybe a KE3R? Looks like it. If so, then it's made in Japan.

Comment

Actually I just checked out the 2000 Jackson Guitar Catalogue, and it looks to me like a normal KE3. Made in Japan, alder body, says Jackson on the headstock, etc.

Comment

Not Japan with that ser #

That's made in the India factory around 2001.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

Really eh? Thoughts on what it could be? Or were KE3's and such made in the Indian factory at first?

Comment

A KE3? With normal pointy headstock and reverse sharkies? :think:
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
              KE3's had reverse sharkfin inlays prior to 2002 i believe, looks like an indian built KE3

Comment

Yes, they made them that way for a little bit.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

welcome to the board, stick around...fair warning though, these guys are ruthless. You will probably be teased a little, especially if you ask for it. This is a great place and there is a wealth of information here. Nice Kelly, btw, it beats the hell out of my first guitar.
                  I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Wow, I did not know that!
                    I didn't know the KE3 ever had reverse sharkies. I also did not know that the KE3 was ever not a Japanese-made import!
                    Kids, this is why it's good to pay attention....you just might learn something!!
                    :idea:
                    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I think it may be a JK-20 pro, Musicians friend exclusive, not made in Japan.
                      Last edited by jacksonaxes; 03-09-2011, 09:13 PM.
                      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I also did not know that the KE3 was ever not a Japanese-made import!
                        Well IMO I don't think it ever was, although Newc seems to think it was, possibly for a short time only. Even though Newc has a lot of knowledge on import Jacksons I have found him to be wrong on many occasions (like MetalHeadMat ) regarding imports and serial #s.

I think I will go with jacksonaxes on this one; the OP has a 2001 MII JK-20 or maybe a KX10 or KX10D.

What do you think, HENRIK ?

-Mr. Ruthless
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If only they could have bound that neck...

Comment

JK-20's didn't have the Jackson logo on the neckplate.
                            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Well IMO I don't think it ever was, although Newc seems to think it was, possibly for a short time only. Even though Newc has a lot of knowledge on import Jacksons I have found him to be wrong on many occasions (like MetalHeadMat ) regarding imports and serial #s.

I think I will go with jacksonaxes on this one; the OP has a 2001 MII JK-20 or maybe a KX10 or KX10D.

What do you think, HENRIK ?

-Mr. Ruthless

I just went off what he told me and looked into it. I did say "Maybe it's a" after all.

I tried

Comment

Working...
                              X