No announcement yet.

Gary Moore Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know. Here's a few more pics, none showing the body back nor the headstock (but it's a Strathead all right):

Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Oh, i really loved gary moore charvel, here are few more pics of the guitar :

I also remember a thread on gearpage talking about his charvels with nice pictures but i cant find it anymore :dunno:
      I believe it's the same guitar on all photos but the pickguard may have been changed for the ad.
      Last edited by Florian; 03-14-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonluvr View Post
        Does anyone know if this a rear route body w added p/g or is this a true front loaded body?
        Almost certainly front routed. Charvel made plenty of front routed strata.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I can't believe vie never heard him what kind of setup did he play in this song it sounds awesome

Comment

I think he got the Charvel primarily for the floyd to replace the strat with vtrem he played previously.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by el-doctor View Post
              in video Loner he with a MIJ Charvel model 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-TgDjcBL0
              Doc's kinda right, a Charvel Model 6 would be the closest cousin to Gary's 1987 USA Jackson SL1 Snow White. This was the first run with a Floyd trem (in this case JT-6, you can see it in the video if you look closely - the fine tuners in the back and the trem arm give it away as a JT-6 and not an FR original, although I may be wrong). But it nevertheless is a Jackson USA SL1. Wonderful guitars, both the vintage SL1 and Mod 6.
              "Hey man, it's better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool!"

My Jacksons/Charvels:
              '91 Jackson® (MIJ) Professional Limited Edition Phil Collen Sig Archtop in Black
              '91 Jackson® USA Kelly KE-1F (FLOYD!)
              '89 Jackson® USA Phil Collen Archtop in White (KAHLER!)
              '88 Jackson® USA Granite Strat

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinofcharvel View Post
                I can't believe I've never heard him what kind of setup did he play in this song it sounds awesome
                A lot of people never heard of him. Most have heard of second rate rip offs like Vivian Campbell. John Norum took alot from Gary Moore, but injected his own style. Gary Moore had incredible passion and feel in his playing. I remember an interview with Jake E. Lee where he stated the most memorable moment in his career was at the US Festival and Gary Moore complimented him on his playing. The fact that Jake E. Lee's most memorable moment was a compliment from Gary Moore lets you know how great Gary Moore was.

Sorry for the Fanboy rant!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  I think he got the Charvel primarily for the floyd to replace the strat with vtrem he played previously.

One of the first bits of footage I ever saw of Gary. They have a weekend music program (RAGE) on the national broadcaster over here that would play music videos, concert footage, kind of like how MTV used to (should) be. It must have been around '84, I wasn't even playing guitar yet but I really dug all kinds of guitar heavy music. I can't remember if it was Victims or Murder in the Skies that I saw first. Once I saw Gary just blazing on stage (in that goofy red jumpsuit), I just had to find more of his music. The only tape I could find was Victims, which fortunately was the album that he was promoting when the footage for the Emerald Aisles video was filmed. And it was a couple of songs from that video that RAGE put on their show.

I don't know how many times I would be caught out listening to that tape, slowly turning up the volume on my tape deck to hear GM wailing over the outro, only to be blasted by the start of the next song! The tape eventually succumbed to my constant listening, combined with the friends that would borrow it. People had to hear about this guy, and if I had to do without the tape for a week while someone else was turned on to his brilliance, so be it.

Originally posted by beardy View Post
                  Doc's kinda right, a Charvel Model 6 would be the closest cousin to Gary's 1987 USA Jackson SL1 Snow White. This was the first run with a Floyd trem (in this case JT-6, you can see it in the video if you look closely - the fine tuners in the back and the trem arm give it away as a JT-6 and not an FR original, although I may be wrong). But it nevertheless is a Jackson USA SL1. Wonderful guitars, both the vintage SL1 and Mod 6.
                  Not to split hairs, but the "numbered" designations hadn't been introduced to the US line at the time. Back then, he would have just owned a Soloist - Custom, Student or whatever. It would be another few years before they were named SL1, SL2H, etc.
                  Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                  A lot of people never heard of him. Most have heard of second rate rip offs like Vivian Campbell. John Norum took alot from Gary Moore, but injected his own style. Gary Moore had incredible passion and feel in his playing. I remember an interview with Jake E. Lee where he stated the most memorable moment in his career was at the US Festival and Gary Moore complimented him on his playing. The fact that Jake E. Lee's most memorable moment was a compliment from Gary Moore lets you know how great Gary Moore was.

Sorry for the Fanboy rant!!!
                  I've long referred to guys like Vivian Campbell, John Sykes, etc. as Disciples of Moore.

I liked that Charvel featured him in their ads in the guitar mags in the late 80s, early 90s. He was never written about in the guitar mags at the time, and Charvel didn't name him in the ad. So on one hand, it was disappointing as a fan that he wasn't getting the recognition he deserved, but on the other, it was cool that only Gary Moore fans were "in on the joke"
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    Volume knob nice and close to the strings right where I like it. Very cool axe. Maybe buy a white socal and send neck off to be refinned and then had Sully cut a white pickguard for it. I'm digging it.
                    Let's make it happen, cap'n! You get the coveted "bitchin' dude" discount anyway. If you're nice, I'll even paint the headstock for ya.

Sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Just order a strat head white charvel with front load white pg. I bet they wouldnt even realize the similarity
                      This space for rent

Comment

Gary Moore Pink Charvel 1979/80

Here is Gary's original Charvel from 1979/80 - 1 of 2 he got - the other being a swamp Ash Leopard Skin finish. - if I can just figure out how to post a picture that is not on a website but on my PC

Comment

It will have to be on a web site before you can post it. Register at photobucket.com, upload it to your new photobucket.com account and go from there.
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                          X