X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLD!!!

Most likely its the wrong forum, but I dont care -
    I'VE GONE GOLD!!!

I didnt realise either lol, I was like 36 posts into it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    That combined with the fact I was the 12th person to register on this new board when it came out means that I now officially need to get out more [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Now Joe on the other hand, gone gold and member number 3... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Re: GOLD!!!

He's a member all right! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey, I resemble that! I'm playing with my member at the moment. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Congrats on going gold!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Congratz! I think I'm soon gonna go gold to

Comment

Your trouble is you've got too much free time!
          Haven't you got anything better to do?
          [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks lads [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Ron - LMAO [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I went gold with no post wh0ring whatsoever either [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            I do think that Q and A thread helped a bit. Im gonna resurrect that soon [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] it was great [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

Congratulations! You're now a Gold Member! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] However, to keep costs down The Gold Members are plated, not solid, so don't play with your Gold Member too much or you might rub the finish off it - and go blind! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hope you enjoyed your holiday - welcome
              back!

Rich
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Congrats dude!

Comment

LMAO!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Heeheehee cock jokes are funny... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Thanks Rich mate, yeah I did have a good holiday, it was good to get a change of scenery. And yes I am still looking for a Peavey Bandit! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I passed out on one for like $170 cos it was one of the older ones that are green and black not black and red or black and silver. Im right in thinking they are the 65w ones with no speaker out, yeah?
                  [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

It may be one of the intermediate series.
                    I don't remember the original Bandits having that green stripe, but my Triumph
                    P.A.G. combo has it, where the control functions are named. That's a late 80s
                    amp, and the forefather of the Ultra, which was the forefather of the XXX - 3 channel high-gain tube amp.

Anyway, I know the original DIDN't have an external speaker out, and know the Transtubes DO, but don't know about the
                    intervening Bandit 75 or any other variations of the past 20 years. Best thing if in doubt: Look on the back panel and SEE if there's an external speaker output.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Good thinking, cheers for the advice Rich.
                      Although I have just found one near me (well, nearer than before) and Im most likely gonna get that! Woo! Ill have a decent amp!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

RIGHT!!!
                        Rich I am once again in need of your help. I need a Batman type floodlight with your outline on it... That reaches America... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Anyway.
                        The one Ive found near me is green and black, and its a 1997 one. And apparently it has the following on the back: 'Power amp IN', 'Preamp OUT' & 'Remote Switch'. Thats what he's emailed to me. And he says he uses the FX send and receive to put it through a PA.
                        Help!
                        [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

Eh.... that doesn't have an external speaker out then.

Never heard of running to the PA in the loop, but I guess you could... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

If a combo has that external speaker output, the seller will be pointing it out as a selling point, unless he just doesn't know what he has - like if dad's selling his son's gear while he's off at school.

You may also want to look for a Revolution combo, or an Express 112 combo. They're similar to the Bandit 112
                          and may sell even cheaper 'cos they didn't catch on like the Bandit has.

Keep on searching; why spend slightly less for the version that's "almost" enough? Patience, James!
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Exactly, thats what I thought. Thats mate [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            Ill pass on it. Besides Id seen one just like that in a shop for £90 which i could probably get for like £75-80. Which isnt a lot.
                            Ill keep on waiting [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                            Would it be daft to buy on off of Ebay without seeing it or trying it?
                            Thanks again [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

Working...
                            X