No announcement yet.

Marty Friedman to sell Megadeth Era Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puh! I could get a new one for cheaper than that...

Just kidding. I'm going to have to try and get a syndicate togther to get hold of one of these. I missed out on one the Mustaine guitars when I had a bit of money too. Dickhead.

Kudos, Mr Friedman. Not only a wonderful guitar player but a wonderful human being too.
    All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I want the silverbust so bad, but it's probably gonna be a zillion dollars.
      you can always go for the smashed up kelly
      “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

which one was in the video for hangar 18?

Comment

Second batch is up....

Comment

F'n A!!! Wish I had the cash. http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Kelly-Ma...ht_3615wt_1139
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake View Post
              why would you have lost respect from him in the first place?
              Well, the DIE HARD Megadeth fan that I am from day one, I was VERY disappointed when he left after Risk because he didn't want to play metal anymore (he said some crap like he didn't want to play metal anymore and wanted to paint with other colors than grey....um, whatever Marty) Then he proceeded to play Jap-Pop and a bunch of other colorful projects. The common problem is this, Marty writes good instrumentals and great solos.....he can't write a real song to save his life. Thus why he rarely saw his name as a songwriting credit in Megs. He should have just shut his mouth and continued with the "Dave writes the f'n riffs" formula and kept doing his solo instrumental stuff on the side. It was a huge F-YOU to his Megadeth fans. Still love his talent, but I really didn't like how that went down.
              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I can understand your disappointment at Marty leaving Megadeth, but aren't you being a bit harsh? Like the rest of us, he only has one life to lead (well, reincarnationists aside ) and if he wasn't enjoying doing what he was doing, it seems right that he should do something else, no?

Incidentally, I do think the RIP lineup was by far and away the best one (I own both a KV and a KE as a consequence of both DM and MF) and I can't listen to Marty's post-Megadeth music, but I'm still glad he gave us the music he did and that he's happy in his life. Having spent a little bit of time in Japan, I can understand the appeal.

I shall refrain from asking how you feel about Skolnick playing jazz!

Now, how can I cobble together 7k for one of his KE1s.... :think:

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                  Well, the DIE HARD Megadeth fan that I am from day one, I was VERY disappointed when he left after Risk because he didn't want to play metal anymore (he said some crap like he didn't want to play metal anymore and wanted to paint with other colors than grey....um, whatever Marty) Then he proceeded to play Jap-Pop and a bunch of other colorful projects. The common problem is this, Marty writes good instrumentals and great solos.....he can't write a real song to save his life. Thus why he rarely saw his name as a songwriting credit in Megs. He should have just shut his mouth and continued with the "Dave writes the f'n riffs" formula and kept doing his solo instrumental stuff on the side. It was a huge F-YOU to his Megadeth fans. Still love his talent, but I really didn't like how that went down.
                  I didn't realise you were in Megadeth! Oh wait... So why exactly are you so butthurt about Marty Friedman leaving? Someone you don't even know left a band that has nothing to do with you personally, so why exactly did you feel insulted? What makes so you entitled to have any say in what Marty or anyone else does exactly?

I can never understand people who think like this.
                  It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I didm't hate MF for leaving Megadeth but I found it weird that was he left because didn't want to play heavy metal/speed metal any more, as a) megadeth was going in a pop direction at the time and b) the first album he put out after leaving the band (music for speeding) was pretty heavy.
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                      I didm't hate MF for leaving Megadeth but I found it weird that was he left because didn't want to play heavy metal/speed metal any more, as a) megadeth was going in a pop direction at the time and b) the first album he put out after leaving the band (music for speeding) was pretty heavy.
                      You mean you're surprised there's likely more to the story than just "musical differences"??

I'd imagine his walking papers stated that he was not allowed to say, "I was tired of working with Mustaine" :P

Comment

Wow, I'd really really like that White string through Kelly.

It's no use, I'd better get bank robbing again. Or doing favours for sailors.
                        I dont think the wife would understand if I sold our BMW so it's a career criminal or prostitute... or I dont go for at least one of these guitars, which is of course, unacceptable.
                        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                          I can understand your disappointment at Marty leaving Megadeth, but aren't you being a bit harsh? Like the rest of us, he only has one life to lead (well, reincarnationists aside ) and if he wasn't enjoying doing what he was doing, it seems right that he should do something else, no?

Incidentally, I do think the RIP lineup was by far and away the best one (I own both a KV and a KE as a consequence of both DM and MF) and I can't listen to Marty's post-Megadeth music, but I'm still glad he gave us the music he did and that he's happy in his life. Having spent a little bit of time in Japan, I can understand the appeal.

I shall refrain from asking how you feel about Skolnick playing jazz!

Now, how can I cobble together 7k for one of his KE1s.... :think:
                          Don't get me wrong, I love what Marty gave....but to bail the way he did with tickets sold and all. I understand they took some of his playing off the Risk record without telling him, but even Ellefson said there was something that "just didn't seem right" when Marty left.

As for Skolnick.... Jazz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jap-Pop x 1,000,000. It's like comparing classical to "The Archies". lol

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                          I didn't realise you were in Megadeth! Oh wait... So why exactly are you so butthurt about Marty Friedman leaving? Someone you don't even know left a band that has nothing to do with you personally, so why exactly did you feel insulted? What makes so you entitled to have any say in what Marty or anyone else does exactly?

I can never understand people who think like this.
                          I'm not in Megadeth??? Really? Oh yeah, I forgot. Butthurt? LOL That's classic! I'm not nor was I ever hurt, I said disappointed. Marty said he didn't want to play metal anymore but when his new pop gig wasn't paying the bills, out came music for speeding (which is good) which definitely leans towards metal. What entitles me to my personal "opinion", well that would be a little thing called the Bill of Rights. Just like all these guys that bash Chris Broderick.....well, I like the guy.

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                          EXACTLY!!! +1
                          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

Nah, from what I understand Marty didn't want to make "safe" heavy metal. Megadeth sounded more and more mainstream, but for him it was either to go with honest pop music or more ballsier and experimental metal.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              Nah, from what I understand Marty didn't want to make "safe" heavy metal. Megadeth sounded more and more mainstream, but for him it was either to go with honest pop music or more ballsier and experimental metal.
                              Really? I never saw that. Hmmmm, interesting if that's true. Anybody else ever hear this?

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                                Really? I never saw that. Hmmmm, interesting if that's true. Anybody else ever hear this?
                                There's a lot of different scenarios floating around there. Marty did say on the Megadeth Behind The Music something to the effect of what Endrik posted.

I think with a guy like Marty, you do one thing for any length of time you're going to start to get burnt out. When you start factoring in things like his solos being removed from songs without his knowledge it's not hard to see why he would feel like his skills were not being utilized and that it was time to move on from Megadeth.

Of course the press release was your standard "Musical differences" and that Marty didn't want to play heavy metal music anymore. I never got the impression that he was done with playing heavy music, only that he didn't want to be confined to having to play within the specific parameters of Megadeth any longer. Or as he put it, only painting with one color, "Gun Metal Gray."

Comment

Working...
                                X