X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MF KE-1 View Post
    Hi Rudy,
    Temporaily in Hawaii for the AF.
    Back in the early 1990s, I was devoted to the black Meatal-looking Jackson guitar's that Friedman and Mustaine played.
    I saw Megadeth for the first time in 1991 during Clash of the Titans. Alice in Chains opened, I think Anthrax went next, then Megadeth opened w/ Holy Wars, and Slayer opened with War Ensemble.
    Have to agree with Page and Rhoads - I was playing a Les Paul in honor of Page back then, but traded for a 1987 or 88 Jackson White Dinky.
    That's a remarkable story, especially that you could get a copy of Marty's work order. Is it a traditional Black KE-1 or a Maple Top? String thru or fixed Kahler?
    I've also seen a nice KE-1T Blue Quilt out there too.
    I feel sorry for all those other bands you mentioned as I'm sure Megadeth mopped up the stage with them I saw them at the Akron Civic Theater with Static X opening for them. Megadeth was awesome, Static X were just well, static!
    My Marty Friedman KE-1 has a Kahler fixed bridge, Duncan JB Pickup, black flat top with no bevels. Here are some pix of it, its J6363.

I need to take some better pix of it at some point. The KE-1T with blue quilt top is incredible looking. That one belongs to johnnyryche on here.
    Last edited by roodyrocker; 04-11-2011, 08:28 PM.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

• Thanks Roody! It's great to see a KE1 with Binding and that fixed bridge (i more often see the string thru models).
      You avatar shows some nice Vs, which guitar do you like the most?
      Megadeth did a great show (Richfield Coliseum), it was so loud I couldn't hear for 2 days.

Hmm, I noticed Marty's Carvin V220 doesn't show up in Completed Items Search on the Bay. Everything else that Completed 3 Apr shows, but the V220 has disappeared. I wonder if someone defaulted on payment like that broken KE-1?

Comment

Thanks Roody! It's great to see a KE1 with Binding and that fixed bridge (i more often see the string thru models).
        Megadeth did a great show (Richfield Coliseum), it was so loud I couldn't hear for 2 days.

Hmm, I noticed Marty's Carvin V220 doesn't show up in Completed Items Search on the Bay. Everything else that Completed 3 Apr shows, but the V220 has disappeared. I wonder if someone defaulted on payment like that broken KE-1?
        The winner did pay. Check out this thread from the Carvin forums:

The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...

Comment

• wow, very cool!! thanks for the link.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

• +1 for the link. I have the same D'Addario sticker on my Charvel case.
            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

• Jaw70,
              +1 Thanks for finding that link. I'm glad a devoted fan got that guitar - surprised he had another matching V220! And he's done a very great job at restoration, even added an old Cacophony pick.

Comment

• Cool, how much did the Carvin go for?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks Roody! It's great to see a KE1 with Binding and that fixed bridge (i more often see the string thru models).

I have a few favorites, some of which aren't in that avatar pic. My first custom shop Rhoads ordered by me is probably at the top of the heap. But others include the black/gold PCS Rhoads in the avatar. That PCS Rhoads played and sounded incredible the first time I picked it up in the music store and I bought it new in 1994. I went in there to see a friend who worked there and he said they just got this in and it just blew me away. Anyway, that PCS has not required a setup since new! Yep still has the factory set up on it and it just smokes!
                  Ah yes, good old Richfield Coleseum. I think I lived at that place in the 80's. I saw so many shows there that I probably can't count them all.
                  Last edited by roodyrocker; 04-12-2011, 10:00 PM.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Cool, how much did the Carvin go for?
                    $4,050.00.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Rudy,
                      Thanks for the warm welcome, photos, and awesome story of how you got Marty's KE-1.

Marty's KE-1 #3 with Kahler Bridge and Kureyon Shin Chan arrived today. I used to watch Kureyon Shin and can appreciate that Marty liked him.

After the auction, I realized how lucky I was to get this one.
                      First, it was cool that he's on the magazine with it and it's labeled #3; I suspect he may have toured with it at some point.
                      Second, he favored this one enough to take home and record with....the auction didn't state exactly what he recorded (I hope to ask him someday).
                      Third, it's 1 of 3 original style KE-1s w/ a MINT condition Kahler (not including the smasked one that was auctioned off for ).
                      When I opened the case, Marty had left the selector switch in the Roland Synth mode (not guitar).
                      The Roland Synth looks to be held on by 3 sticky pads - but I don't dare remove them. I want to keep it exactly as he left it.
                      I also photographed one of Marty's picks that I got during the auction too (Megadeth on one side, Marty Friedman in Katakana/Japanese on the other side).
                      Here is the photobucket link showing detailed pictures of it as I unwrapped it.
                      It plays exactly as perfectly as I expected.

PICTURES: http://s1118.photobucket.com/upload/albums/MFKE1/

Comment

Rudy,
                        Thanks for the warm welcome, photos, and awesome story of how you got Marty's KE-1.

Marty's KE-1 #3 with Kahler Bridge and Kureyon Shin Chan arrived today. I used to watch Kureyon Shin and can appreciate that Marty liked him.

After the auction, I realized how lucky I was to get this one.
                        First, it was cool that he's on the magazine with it and it's labeled #3; I suspect he may have toured with it at some point.
                        Second, he favored this one enough to take home and record with....the auction didn't state exactly what he recorded (I hope to ask him someday).
                        Third, it's 1 of 3 original style KE-1s w/ a MINT condition Kahler (not including the smasked one that was auctioned off for ).
                        When I opened the case, Marty had left the selector switch in the Roland Synth mode (not guitar).
                        The Roland Synth looks to be held on by 3 sticky pads - but I don't dare remove them. I want to keep it exactly as he left it.
                        I also photographed one of Marty's picks that I got during the auction too (Megadeth on one side, Marty Friedman in Katakana/Japanese on the other side).
                        Here is the photobucket link showing detailed pictures of it as I unwrapped it.
                        It plays exactly as perfectly as I expected.

PICTURES: http://s1118.photobucket.com/upload/albums/MFKE1/
                        Glad to hear you got it safely! I tried the photobucket link you posted but it just takes me to the photobucket main page. I tried searching MFKE1 on there but no luck Check your link and let us know what to do, I want to see this thing
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

• Dooah,
                          Sorry, User Error. Let me know if this works.

Marty's KE-1 Shin Chan:
                          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

• That link worked...
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Dooah,
                              Sorry, User Error. Let me know if this works.

Marty's KE-1 Shin Chan:
                              http://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/k620/MFKE1/
                              very nice
                              take good care of it

Comment

• That's sick!!! Congratulations man!!

Comment

Working...
                                X