No announcement yet.

Kelly or Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kelly all the way, neck dive has never been a problem for me... I havent relocated any strap pins either, just get yourself a decent leather strap(not some POS 5$ 1" wide nylon thing). Rock On
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

If I had to buy one, I would vote Soloist. And I'm just a Warrior Player.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Never cared for the upper horn on a Parker it jabs into me and is uncomfy as hell
        Same here.
        I only need one more guitar.

Comment

I prefer my Strat/Soloist shapes for sitting, the lower frets are closer into my body, but favor my Kelly standing. The Kelly kind of rolls forward a bit and puts my left wrist in a more comfortable position, same with my V.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

i have a kelly and while i love the big sound i also wish it wasn't as neck heavy and was easier to play stood up and sat down. my ibanez rg is the most comfortable guitar.
            http://www.youtube.com/dvschsa

sigpic

Comment

I have a couple soloists and a couple kellys. Both models are great guitars and comfortable to play standing or sitting. You can't go wrong with either one. But I tend to grab my soloists first. Given the choice between the two, I would buy a soloist first and pick up a kelly after that.

Comment

I do have a kelly. It's comfortable sitting down but like majority have said, standing up, it nose dives indeed. But my soloist is comfortable both ways, so, I'm voting for soloist.

Also, on a side note, my most favorite shape is the KV's. Again they are comfortable both ways without any nose dive whatsoever.

Comment

I would say the Soloist. I have played a few and they are very comfortable when playing both standing and sitting. I have heard about the Neck Dives with the Kelly, so I am not sure if that is what you would like. If you want an "extreme" shape go for a King V or a Warrior. They seem to have the best in comfort.

Comment

Working...
                  X