difference between RR1 and extreme rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between RR1 and extreme rhoads

Don't forget that the XTRR also had rear loaded electronics-no pickguard and reverse Headstocks
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Re: difference between RR1 and extreme rhoads

thanks guys.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

difference between RR1 and extreme rhoads

i called matt (OSG) the other day and asked him this and all we could figure is that its got a smaller body and 24 fretts. can anyone tell us if there are any more differences than that.
      thanks,
      ~JW
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Also it has a reverse headstock, an unfinished neck (on some, it appears, not all), and different stock pickups (a Full Shred and an Invader, if I remember correctly).

Comment

Sorry, the XTRR does NOT have 24 frets! Never did it have 24. I don't know where people get this information. Check this thread out and look at the pics. http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=2;t=000583
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I do not believe the XTRR has 24 frets. Should be 22 unless custom ordered. But the Production XTRR had 22, Stuka just posted pics of his Bengal XTRR. To add to Jimmy, it also has only one volume knob, no tone control or second volume knob.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

is there any difference in body shape between the rhoads and the extreme rhoads?

Comment

Originally posted by butterflyrhoads View Post
                is there any difference in body shape between the rhoads and the extreme rhoads?
                Firstly, why did you resurrect a FIVE YEAR OLD thread? Secondly, yes, the XTRR has shorter wings (I think. Maybe someone who knows more about this can help you a bit better.).
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Why cant you resurrect an old thread? I try to look and see if there is already a thread about something before I ask a question.
                  I have been meaning to ask the proper etiquette about this. Maybe one of the admins will drop in

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                    the XTRR has shorter wings (I think.
                    The XTRR has a shorter top wing, but the lower is more or less the same...
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                      Why cant you resurrect an old thread? I try to look and see if there is already a thread about something before I ask a question.
                      I have been meaning to ask the proper etiquette about this. Maybe one of the admins will drop in
                      Yeah, I know, it's okay to. It's just kinda...weird. That's all. I'm also quite sure there are more recent threads on the XTRR than 2003. Especially since there was one made by MetalChurch 6 hours before this one was made. I mean, if it was made around the same time, sure, but it was made way after a new thread was made about the same subject and I'm sure he could have asked his question there.
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                        Firstly, why did you resurrect a FIVE YEAR OLD thread? Secondly, yes, the XTRR has shorter wings (I think. Maybe someone who knows more about this can help you a bit better.).
                        well, i barely found out about the xtrr, so sorry.
                        i have a js30rr body lying around, and i was planning to reshape it to chris holmes xtrr, and i was wondering, if you know where i could get accurate templates for his guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by butterflyrhoads View Post
                          well, i barely found out about the xtrr, so sorry.
                          i have a js30rr body lying around, and i was planning to reshape it to chris holmes xtrr, and i was wondering, if you know where i could get accurate templates for his guitar?
                          The Chris Holmes guitar was smaller than an XTRR. It was originally a regular Rhoads, but it got broken and Chris had it reshaped.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Im more concerned why someone would name a town "Saskatoon" ??

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                              Im more concerned why someone would name a town "Saskatoon" ??
                              It's named after some First Nations thingy. I can't actually remember. We have some strange names here.
                              "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Working...
                              X