Fusion Pro Overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(help deleted because I was beat to it)
    Last edited by jackson1; 03-31-2011, 06:02 AM.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Finally have my guitar Kicking ass and taking names... whew... stayed up till 6am working on it last night... her she is in all the glory of the sun!!!

So fucking happy to have that rats nest of a cobbled shit load of crap out and this kickass EMG set in... I will post some videos later.
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

very nice

Comment

Your work looks great. I get the impression that you care for this guitar

Oh btw., the agitator... I didn't know such a machine existed. Is it an oil bath and some high frequency "shaking"? That's it?
          Last edited by jackson1; 03-31-2011, 04:37 PM.
          Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
            Your work looks great. I get the impression that you care for this guitar

Oh btw., the agitator... I didn't know such a machine existed. Is it an oil bath and some high frequency "shaking"? That's it?
            Yes I love this guitar have had it for 15 years and always case it and never treat it like shit. Thanks

Yes its a tray that sits in a tub that you can fill with whatever solution you desire, I used an auto parts De-greaser and water mixture, a high frequency speaker vibrates the tray rapidly to loosen all the dirt and rust and crap from the hard to reach places. After about an hour in the agitator I dried the parts with a heat gun and then sprayed them with DW40.

Worked out great... now I am debating doing the frets myself or taking it to someone. :think:
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

I don't do frets but allow me to give advice... Don't use this axe for your first ever fret job.
              Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                I don't do frets but allow me to give advice... Don't use this axe for your first ever fret job.
                QFT. Very sound advice i would say.
                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Yeah man I know I know... I have my Harmony I can fuck with first...

Here are the Videos , First Bridge Distortion, Second Neck Clean

sigpic
                  Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                    Mine too, I love the JE1500! Ive got plenty of EMG SA guitars, and I really dont like em all that much. Just not enough output. I dont know why EMG doesent come out with a hot single coil!
                    I have the Neck pickup and bridge pickup as close to the strings as possible EMG recommendation... no major volume loss really at all... now I have the Middle pickup low because that is where I am picking and yes having it far away from the strings does lose some volume... all in all it kicks ASS!!!

sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

Very nice work Nimitz! Tis definitely clean in the cavity. I just got a Fusion Pro myself. It has a killswitch instead of the JE-1500 but I think I'm gonna have it wired to be a coil split

Nice playing \m/
                      Jackson Fusion Pro (MIJ) w/ X2N
                      Schecter Omen 6 w/ Crunch Lab
                      Randall T2 / Peavey XXX > MXR 10 Band EQ > ISP Decimator > Pod X3 Live > B-52 AT-412
                      Randall Titan / RH200 / Pod XT - for sale?
                      Ibanez TS9, Digitech Death Metal, Amptweaker Tight Metal Pedal > ProAmp Viper 100w Combo (from the '70s!)

Comment

Nimitz your getting a lot of buzz there that shouldn't be.

Originally posted by Wookieslayer View Post
                        Very nice work Nimitz! Tis definitely clean in the cavity. I just got a Fusion Pro myself. It has a killswitch instead of the JE-1500 but I think I'm gonna have it wired to be a coil split

Nice playing \m/
                        Wookieslayer, shouldn't the 5 way switch if that's what it is on yours be already doing a coil split?

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post

Wookieslayer, shouldn't the 5 way switch if that's what it is on yours be already doing a coil split?

I don't think so... either way it's not doing it because when the previous owner changed the preamp to a killswitch he didn't bother to wire the neck/middle pups correctly; at least theres a volume disparity / doesn't sound too great in the 2nd and 4th positions :shrug:
                          Jackson Fusion Pro (MIJ) w/ X2N
                          Schecter Omen 6 w/ Crunch Lab
                          Randall T2 / Peavey XXX > MXR 10 Band EQ > ISP Decimator > Pod X3 Live > B-52 AT-412
                          Randall Titan / RH200 / Pod XT - for sale?
                          Ibanez TS9, Digitech Death Metal, Amptweaker Tight Metal Pedal > ProAmp Viper 100w Combo (from the '70s!)

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post

Never said I knew what I was doing...
                            sigpic
                            Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
                            X