No announcement yet.

Hello, new meember some?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, it may have been enough: is your guitar a SL4?

See the 4th guitar at http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...2001Page02.jpg
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That looks like it, except mine is natural finish. Im sorry about the vague description, I thought the serial # would have been more than enough. Now I understand, after searching for a long time, that these guitars are hard to identify. I still dont know what it is exactly. But thanks for your help and patience so far.

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Thanks again for the webhosting advise. I posted a decent pic. Im guessing a 1991 Sl4, but made where, and how much she worth?

Comment

It's actually a 2001, made in Japan, and worth about.... $400.

Comment

Sorry I meant 2001 from the catalog. Damn, only $400. I paid that for the guitar without the pups. I feel like I got ripped, but yet its the sweetest feeling axe Ive ever held. I paid close to that for my ibanez rg 370, and while its a great guitar the jackson has the neck thru and feels and plays on the next level.

Comment

I think you paid a fair price for what you got.

The things that hold back the price are lack of binding, rosewood instead of ebony, MOTO inlays, cheaper hardware...

There are just so many other guitars out there that for a few more dollars give more stuff, that it holds down the price of these guitars.

For example, how much is a Soloist Pro which is an older descendant of your guitar? It came with better hardware, ebony, real mother of pearl inlays, binding, ...If a Soloist Pro can be had (if you get lucky) for $500, why would I pay the same amount for a lesser guitar?

Comment

I agree with donp, i sold my soloist pro for 575 w case and loaded with duncans plus the original humbucker incl. Personally i think a neckthru is pointless without binding and ebony but at the same time i own a model6. If ur happy with the guitar then its worth it. I paid 1200 for my rhoads pro iirc. It was more than the average market price at the time but i loved it so the price didnt bother me.

Comment

I hear what yor saying. So basically I have a bottom of the line soloist? I looked on e-bay and everywhere else and have never seen any soloist go for under $600. So I figured Id have about that into this one so I pulled the trigger. Its in perfect condition and I got the creme pups Ive always wanted in her, so Im happy. I think that these guitars are a good value considering that $400 doesnt buy you anything with a thru neck, which I think is a huge upgrade over bolt on IMHO. At the guitar store I brought it to they had a late 80 charvel in vg condition with emgs and the three coil tap toggle switches for $600. I played it and my jackson seems to be as good or better. Thanks to everyone for all your help.

Comment

Don't forget this year it's a buyer's market. SLSMGs for example I've seen go for 350-400.

Comment

Working...
                      X