Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mystery "Charvel" only acoustic. Ever seen one before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery "Charvel" only acoustic. Ever seen one before?

:idea:
    Last edited by Caine; 01-03-2014, 09:52 PM.

Might be a Charvel made only for the Japanese market. No big whoop either way, no Charvel acoustic was ever really sought after or collectible and as such have dismal monetary value.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah, I'm not really concerned about the monitary or collectors value, just curious about the guitar in general. I know the Ft Worth/Korea guitars are common and not worth a million dollars, but are well worth what they are going for--they are somewhat underrated IMO. Personally, IMO, I think this tiger top is a pretty nice acoustic, esp. for what I paid for it. It may not be a Martin or a Gibson, but it's a decent guitar nontheless.

Comment

Looking at the headstock profile (it's symmetrical), the serial and the features in general on the one pictured, I'd guess it's from around 1998. Where it's manufactured I don't know, but having all those nice features, I lean towards Japan. And not available outside Asia, as Joe hinted.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I had wondered if it was made in Japan, the only other one I've seen is on that "Jackson fan" website which is apparently in Japan.

Comment

They made 500 and 400 series, without pickup.
            I have 625C..Piezo pickup, controls...beautiful inlays, very fast neck...like an electric.
            Made in Korea (says so on the label)
            Electronics are ...ok., but overall a beautiful instrument.Looking for a 625C-12 as well.
            Smaller body, not deep sounding like a jumbo at all, almost like a classical, with a very fast neck!
            Last edited by satyr; 04-04-2011, 07:17 PM. Reason: can't read!!
            sigpic

Comment

I've been on eBay over the last couple of years and was subscribed to the search "charvel acoustic" for a long time. I kept seeing the same handful of guitars that always show up on eBay. This tiger top that doesn't say it was made in korea on it is the only one like I've seen on there. From all the differences, it just seems like it either was likely not made during the same period of time or it was made at the same time, but someplace else.
              Last edited by Caine; 01-03-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Different bridge than the x25 models as well.
                I wonder if the Charvel toothpaste logo with the R marking dates it?
                ..could be a 89-90ish limited run from japan??
                Charvettes came in a model 500 electric acoustic in the early 90's.
                Very cool anyway..
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X