Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys from LA! New Jackson owner here! (picked up a MIJ Fusion Pro!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys from LA! New Jackson owner here! (picked up a MIJ Fusion Pro!)

Hey everyone! So I figured I might as well start a new thread to introduce myself. My name is Peter and I'm from the Los Angeles area. I am currently trying to start a band (as a vocalist mind you) in the likes of something progressive metal. Also like many other forumers out there... I have been afflicted with G.A.S. over the last year or so and been slowly acquiring my rig... More specifically since before I started playing guitar I always wanted a Jackson guitar (thanks Slayer)... and now I've got one!

Anyway enough about me and more about my new guitar! I picked up a '90 or '91 red blue pearl (I think that's the color) Made in Japan, Fusion Pro from a friend who owed money to the IRS so I got it only for a few bills! She's not in perfect shape but pretty good considering she was a player's guitar. Fretboard is immaculate and there are some dents on the back of the neck but the bridge is in good shape and she plays like a dream. Also instead of the stock bridge there is a DiMarzio X2N and the EQ flip switch was changed to a killswitch

I was wondering if anyone knew the exact specifics of that original flip switch EQ and how it worked? I finally ordered some backplates from Frets on the Net since she was missing them when I bought her, and just gave it all to my guitar tech to be set up and fixed. He was telling me that the wiring is all messed up inside and that the tone pot is disconnected or changed to a volume control. Also he was thinking that the flipswitch was not an EQ and instead split the coils of the humbucker :think:

I found this link and it said the switch was actually a "wah like" EQ:

Do you guys know how this EQ switch worked? Does anyone have any diagrams to the control cavity? Should I bother trying to get his EQ again or make it a coil tap like my tech says?

I'll try to get some better pictures when I get the guitar back from my tech, but the one from my webcam will have to do for now

Glad to be apart of the community! Thanks guys
    Jackson Fusion Pro (MIJ) w/ X2N
    Schecter Omen 6 w/ Crunch Lab
    Randall T2 / Peavey XXX > MXR 10 Band EQ > ISP Decimator > Pod X3 Live > B-52 AT-412
    Randall Titan / RH200 / Pod XT - for sale?
    Ibanez TS9, Digitech Death Metal, Amptweaker Tight Metal Pedal > ProAmp Viper 100w Combo (from the '70s!)

Welcome Peter!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome aboard Peter! Nice pick-up. I could of sworn this was just being discussed not too long ago. I am sure someone will be along shortly with some detailed information for ya. Sit back and enjoy the ride!
      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Hi Peter,

I assume that switch is the same as it is for the USA fusions. If so, that switch was for a JE-1500 which is the wah type effect you mentioned. This is from the Jackson manual that came with mine:

With the mini toggle in the down position, the tone control acts like a standard tone knob. When that switch is in the up position, the tone knob is a frequency sweep to select the center of any group of frequencies from 450Hz to 4500Hz. This produces an effect similar to setting a wah pedal in a particular fixed position for that nasal or open wail sound.

I like the JE-1500, but a lot of people get rid of them.

Comment

Hey Dude!
          *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
          *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
          *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
          Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
          *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
          *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
          *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
          *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

Thanks everyone! Glad to be here.

@ Ward, thanks man. That is exactly the information I was wondering. I was trying to explain exactly what the EQ switch did to my tech and now that I know it is the JE-1500 I was able to find older threads with the diagram here: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/108...=1#post1360116

I did read from there that those preamp circuits were sometimes noisy, so I'm thinking of just making it a coil tap.

When I get her back I'll post some more pics!
            Randall T2 / Peavey XXX > MXR 10 Band EQ > ISP Decimator > Pod X3 Live > B-52 AT-412
            Ibanez TS9, Digitech Death Metal, Amptweaker Tight Metal Pedal > ProAmp Viper 100w Combo (from the '70s!)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Welcome Peter!
              Correct grammar, Ron, would have a comma after the introduction of "welcome" such as:

Welcome, Peter!

And welcome, Peter!
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I like Wookies

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                  Correct grammar, Ron, would have a comma after the introduction of "welcome" such as:
                  No, I was commanding my minions to welcome Peter! hahahaha
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome Peter. I just got my 475 back from my tech yesterday. This is the fourth guitar I've had him set up and each time I see him the more we talk. We chatted about 40 minutes yesterday. Let me correct myself...he's not a tech...he's a luthier. And it turns out he used to work Charvel/Jackson and he even worked for Leo Fender. Not knowing that used to work at Charvel, I emailed him about my new Charvel 475 I got on Craigslist and the issue with the pickups not working. I asked him if he was familiar with the old Charvels with the JE1200 active midboost preamp system. I loved his reply. "I can fix it." And he did. When I picked it up he gave me an unsolicited story about his time at Charvel/Jackson. Enough of my rambling. Welcome again. If you need a referral to a knowledge and skilled luthier in the LA area send me a PM or an email.

Gerry
                    Last edited by gerryl98; 04-04-2011, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Ha! Ok, I stand corrected due to your true intention there!
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Ron always welcomes peter. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And welcome, Peter.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          I like Wookies
                          hehehe me too

nice! thank you

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
                          Welcome Peter... If you need a referral to a knowledge and skilled luthier in the LA area send me a PM or an email.

Gerry
                          Thanks Gerry! I will keep that in mind for the future! Always good to know people who know something more than the average duder

@toejam, Great picture! but on another note, I LOVE your sig quote! Slaughter of the Soul FTFW!!!!!!1 one of my top 5 albums for sure...

Again thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I can tell this forum knows their sh*t \m/
                          Last edited by Wookieslayer; 04-05-2011, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X