Jackson visual appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson visual appeal

Gotta love how there's instant brand/genre recognition with Jacksons and specific models- case in point: played a near-trainwreck, beef n beer charity fund raiser gig for mostly old folks and young parents. Never had so many folks complain about the volume!! Anyhoo, after the show, a small but appreciative bunch of listeners approached me and raved over the RR1 Bengal I played during segments and declared, " We knew you guys were gonna rock when we saw your guitar!"

hahaha, yeah i have had had that happen before too. it IS funny. i have also had people come up and tell me they knew that i'd play a lot of solos since the headstock was pointy!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Since the instrument is part of the music, manufacturers build them for a specific type of thing. You won't play a Jackson Warrior at a blues jam, as you wouldn't bring your ES335 to a black metal rehearsal. An aggressive guitar makes you want to play aggressive stuff, and this is what comes out ! And Jacksons were build for high performance hard/heavy music, so I guess the design makes people think of heavier stuff all naturally. Which is good in fact

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
        charity fund raiser gig for mostly old folks and young parents. Never had so many folks complain about the volume!!
        BTDT!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Stfan!
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash02 View Post
            Since the instrument is part of the music, manufacturers build them for a specific type of thing. You won't play a Jackson Warrior at a blues jam, as you wouldn't bring your ES335 to a black metal rehearsal.
            Who says you can't?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If Bo Diddley can play blues on a small rectangular piece of wood, anything goes.
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Who says you can't?

Of course you can, but it's a bit... wicked IMO. I prefer to use a guitar that fits the image of the style. Or to create a new style myself

Comment

I actually once rehearsed with my thrash metal band using a Samick ES-335 copy.
                  One of those days when you wish you'd brought with an extra battery for your active Jackson pickups!

Comment

I bust out some blues on my Warrior Pro. The pickup combos on that guitar make it quite versatile. Perhaps the look isn't right, but I don't care.
                    My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Who says you can't?
                      Precisely. My RR1T is a KILLER blues guitar and I wouldn't hesitate to use it at a blues jam. If Albert King can play blues on a V so can I damnit!
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

It's all about the headstock if you ask me, that pointy design can make any design look cool. Hell, even Telecasters look badass with the Jackson pointy headstock. It's the reason i fell in love with Jacksons all those years ago.
                        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Let's see... I have 4 Warriors sitting here, nothing else. Gotta use one of them :dunno:
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I've played a jazz gig with my RR3 before.

Comment

I think the Bengal graphic is bad ass lookin on all the Jackson models. You know it's gonna be a rock safari when a Bengal shows up!
                              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                              X