Old Models Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Models Database

I don't know if there is already such a thread, so I'll post it anyway.

Here's the problem : many people either look for older models that are not in production anymore, or they buy something that seems cool and then can't find any info because it was discontinued 20 years ago. Get what I mean ? I see people asking all the time about old Jacksons like Stars and Fusions, and many more, and I'd like to make it easier for them to find the info.

I'm not sure on how to do this, but I'd like the experienced people from the forum to create a sort of list, which repertories as much of the old stuff as possible : model names, serial number systems, finish names, pickup and hardware names (cause Jackson used to create their own back in the day, you know what I mean). Pictures would be welcome too.

Would this be possible ?

You mean a Mother Of All Info Pages?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        You mean a Mother Of All Info Pages?
        could we call it the MOAIP?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          could we call it the MOAIP?
          ...yes, but only by folks not wearing Santa hats in April!

Comment

Is Kevin still working on the MOAIP? :p
            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

LOL

I have the feeling that this thread is somehow running out of my control

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                ...yes, but only by folks not wearing Santa hats in April!
                can't handle my xmas cheer?
                Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                Is Kevin still working on the MOAIP? :p
                I thought it was Todd working on it
                Hail yesterday

Comment

WAS being the key word

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash02 View Post
                    LOL

I have the feeling that this thread is somehow running out of my control
                    It's not your fault that your join date is more recent than those of RacerX and VitaminG.

I thought that Tekky had taken over the reins after Kevin E came up with the idea but then got ousted? My facts may be all skewed, of course...
                    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

@Quantum the weirdest thing is when I see people talking to each other using their REAL names... I have really trouble with memorizing names, so I'm glad when I can remember the nicknames on the various forums, but when the real names come into the discussion, I'm done. LOL

Comment

Tekky = Todd

Comment

hum... LOL ?

Comment

I was working on a database version of it. I had taken the html files that Kevin worked very hard on (and completed - though with much controversey) and entered the info into a spreadsheet to be converted to a database. Then I was building a php enabled web-page to make the database searchable via the web.
                            Last edited by Tekky; 04-20-2011, 08:18 AM.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Ah, okay. I still feel like a noob sometimes. Anyway, I had a wicked idea, made a thread out of it, didn't know if there was anything to expect.

Comment

Working...
                              X