Trying to find info on a Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find info on a Guitar

Hi, I new and this is my first post. I've been collecting up parts for a guitar build and I came across a guitar body that the guy said is a Charvel. I'm trying to confirm that and If it is I will probably put it back together

Here is the info I've got. Its a strat type body but smaller that a strat. The neck pocket has a date of April, 1999 or 1989 or 1988. There is a sticker where the neck plate would be and its says 4-A and 5-3T or S-3T

I looked in a 1988 Charvel Catalgue and it looks almost exactly like a model 1A

Is this guitar a Charvel?

Mmmm, doesn't look like a Jackson/Charvel body to me. IMO, the overall shape and routes are off.

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
      Mmmm, doesn't look like a Jackson/Charvel body to me. IMO, the overall shape and routes are off.
      Thanks, this is the type of info I'm looking for. If anyone can Identify the body, that would be great. It might be a some cheap chinese clone. If it is I will probably slap a neck on it and fixed bridge and use it (abuse it) as a test bed workhorse to try out stuff for my other projects. But if it is a Charvel, I really don't want to wreck it. I would probably restore it.

I've been looking and it also resembles a model 3A, where there is a pick guard and the jack is placed in the pick guard.
      Last edited by metispicker; 04-18-2011, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Model 3s have a swimming pool route under the pickguard. The trem holes don't look correct for a model 3 either. I believe the model 3 had the jack placement at the bottom of the body, not out the side. Even if it was a model 3 body, it woudln't be worth much so if it's cost effective and not plywood, might be a fun project/beater.

Comment

It looks like a basswood body not plywood so thats a plus.Routes are all wrong for a Charvel model series.
          The slot cut at the neck heel screams Aria,Dillon,Cort or Dixon quite possibly a Peavey predator series.
          General body shape is all wrong for a Charvel.Trem screw holes are wrong Charvel had six and not four.Again some Aria had four as well as Peavey.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Looks like Washburn body. The neck socket is squared so Charvel & Fender necks won't fit unless mod... @ Straycat: I don't think the 4 holes are for trem: it seems there was a pickguard on it...

Comment

1987 fender squier bullet ? http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Squier-Bu...item3efa628d16 like this one.
              Last edited by conshyboy5; 04-19-2011, 06:26 PM.

Comment

No idea, but here is your guitar with Steve Buscemi eyes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SBE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	2445372

Comment

Hey thanks for the feedback. I never heard of Dixon guitars but this might be one of them. although the neck pocket is squarish, I've put a strat neck on it and it did seem to fit. I really need to check the scale length. Anyone hazard a guess on the tremolo system that supposed to go on there. The two middle holes are for the tremolo and the outer holes are for the pick guard. Also, a regular loaded strat guard does not come anywhere near close to fitting this body. The strat guard is much too big. The body is 1 13/16 inch thick. its a nice slab of wood

the body looks like this guitar, the Dixon model in the picture has the jack in the guard. The pick guard holes appear to line up. I can't find much info on Dixon. I assume they are no longer around.
                  Last edited by metispicker; 04-19-2011, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X