New fender made charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New fender made charvels

has anyone tried any of the new charvels yet? from what i understand they are japanese made and have seymour duncan pickups. they look fantastic and i will buy a few (specifically the journeyman model - stripped down beauty). they are cheap and look incredible. any comments would be greatly appreciated.

im a proud owner of a flame maple topped jackson usa king vee. one of the most incredible guitars ive ever played and seen. thanks in advance.

Re: New fender made charvels

Yeah those came out at NAMM last year ... if you wanna see the new USA Charvel go to Jacksonguitars.com
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

are all of them made in the usa? i thought just the bullseye graphic guitar was. either way, i would love to hear some comments on these guitars.

thanks.

Comment

The ones you described are import .. the one currently on the Jackson website for the 25th is USA ..and yes the Bullseyes are USAs ...
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I wouldn´t call the Charvel imports cheap. Now, I actually haven´t seen the pricelist lately...but when they were introduced last year I thought they were kinda pricey for being imports. Beautiful guitars, but not very "Charvel".

The Bullseyes and the 25th, however...those are grand guitars [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

And they are not Fender-made. The Fender buyout happened after those Charvels were put out.
            Additionally, Fender will not be making any Jacksons or Charvels - Jackson will be making Charvels and Jacksons.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have a Model A Plus I picked up for a fairly reasonable price a while back. I wouldn't say "cheap", but reasonable.

Like Newc said, I'm reasonably certain mine is "pre-Fender" but I don't think that matters anyway.

I like it, it's a great looking and sounding guitar, I don't plan on getting rid of it or anything but due to timing it kind of took a back seat to my new cheezy and cartoonish Warrior. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

So, uh, when are you going to show us your King V?

Comment

i can't seem to find my digital camera, but i found a picture of my baby, same finish and everything. here she is in all of her glory.

im thinking of removing the floyd, i can't **** with those things anymore. im playing really abrasive discordant rock nowadays. i would love to have a les paul style bridge on there.

i almost sold her on ebay a few years ago. im really glad no one bought her. i got a really good deal on her, i wonder how much would she be if i bought her new now? im thinking close to 2 grand.

Comment

King Vs are holding their value well, but 2K?
                  [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Not when you can get new ones for $1200 - 1400.

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

thats sounds about right, i was just throwing numbers around. i would never give her up. just think, for the same amount of money you could buy a mass produced japanese guitar.

Comment

Working...
                    X