Just wanted to say hi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to say hi.

The is my first post. I have 3 Randy Rhoads Jacksons from the Custom Shop that I have had since 1998. Due to getting laid off from a hi-tech company in Austin,TX I am force to sell two of my guitars. The wife won't let me sell the last one. Anyway, I will post in the right forum for that info. I do have a couple of questions about my Randy Rhoads Polka-Dot Jackson. This is my main guitar and I love to play it. For some strange reason my hands sweat alot. So my guitar is getting alot of grease and dirt on it from playing. Here are my questions:

1. How do I clean the fret board, what tools should I use?

2. Is there a way to polish my guitar to help my finish stay nice?

3. Is there a web site that anyone can send me to, so I can adjust my Floyd Rose, I just changed my strings and the trem is pointing to the sky?

Thanks for your time,

John

Austin,TX

Randy Fans: http://www.randyrhoads.tk/

Re: Just wanted to say hi.

Hey John! For setting up your floyd, and changing strings this is a good article full of pictures and tools. Floyd setup page

Comment

John
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome!!!

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] Cham [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[ July 22, 2003, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Chameleonfong ]

Comment

Hi John...keep the Polka-Dot...I love mine.

Go to Kevin Eastons site for the floyd, as for cleaning the board if its real nasty you can use some steel wool (tape over the pickups or you'll get em funked up) or if its not too bad just use a medium toothbrush and lemon oil. I use Formbys and you can get it at Home Depot, Wal-Mart etc.

You can use any kind of polish I am into the 3M stuff. I ve been using stuff that is called one step cleaner / wax and its shines up pretty good.

Search in the tech sections as there are numerous posts on cleaning and maintaining your guutars.

Welcome the board and I'm sorry to hear that you have to sell stuff because of unemployment...
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Welcome to the board! Hope things pick up for youn soon. You have a good wife
            there, not letting you sell the polka dot
            guitar! Most are constantly nagging TO
            sell! Just 'cause ya trip over 'em everywhere... sheesh! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This is a great place to hang and learn!

Rich
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X