Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Fender trying to put Jackson out of business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sukkoi19 View Post
    A $1200 used S-Trim. Warranties are overrated. They look for every excuse to void it with a performance car anyway. "Whats this rubber in the wheel well? We're not covering you shelled tranny." I mentioned my own peculiarities not as a guide for how everyone else should live rather as my own personal outlook in an effort to participate in the thread and contribute to the discussion.
    I never had any problems getting warranty work covered by GM. Must be a Ford thing. I hear Chrysler's another one who doesn't like to honor their warranty work...

I didn't have any problems getting a $1700 differential replaced in my STi, either...

Comment

• had no problem getting $2,500 of warranty work on the drivetrain of my secondhand Ford Falcon XR6 either. Bought it at 11 months old for around $10,000 less than what it cost new, and had more than two years balance of new car warranty left. Plus 3 years of dealer extended warranty after that.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        had no problem getting $2,500 of warranty work on the drivetrain of my secondhand Ford Falcon XR6 either. Bought it at 11 months old for around $10,000 less than what it cost new, and had more than two years balance of new car warranty left. Plus 3 years of dealer extended warranty after that.
        Normally it isn't an issue if a car still has part of its factory warranty intact, regardless of the owner.

Still, nonetheless, I like to have new shit, and I'll just take the loss. I run my cars into the ground anyway, so in the end, they're worthless. I don't get a new car every 3 years when the warranty runs out, I keep them until they die. My STi has 106,000 miles on it, and my Camaro has 210,000 miles on it.

Comment

• Well GM screwed me on a new Camaro for:

Busted 10 bolt
          Dead fuel pump

Mazda hose me on a new Speed 3:

Blown turbo

Ford has refused warranty on a new Mustang for:

Shellacked tranny
          1997 Dark Candy Red SL1
          2002 Candy Apple Green DK1
          2008 Satin Black SL3
          2011 Charvel Socal Candy Red
          2010 Les Paul Standard Plus Cherry Burst

Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Comment

• Well your right thats not how economics works. BUT, you have to figure in State and Federal rules, regs., current taxes, new taxes coming in 2014. All corps are having to batton down the hatches for whats coming. And Fender is not immune from business killing gov interference
            Jackson USA Select SL1T Soloist
            Charvel USA San Dimas Style 1 HSS
            Charvel USA San Dimas Style 2 2h
            Gretsch G6128T-TVP
            Gibson LP Traditional
            Gibson J-185 EC
            Hagstrom XL5
            Hagstrom Select Ultra Swede
            Walden T550 EC

Comment

• Originally posted by Torment Leaves Scars View Post
              Sure, he did resurrect Dean, but c'mon, the guy's dead. What's their real purpose behind all the "Dimebag" nonsense? It's to the point that it's just a watered down marketing scheme.

Given the amount of money Kirk Hammett has, I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue to replace his "donated" RRs with new ones.
              Dime signed a brand new deal with Dean just before he died, so it's as legit for them to sell Dime models today as it is for Jackson to sell Rhoads models when Rhoads has been dead since 1982. It's the same thing, they are probably getting authorization from Dime's heirs to keep doing it. For that matter Les Paul is now dead and Gibson is still selling Les Pauls.
              Last edited by lerxstcat; 06-01-2011, 02:41 PM.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Fender sells Stevie Ray Vaughn models.

I'm sure they'll try and sell the James Burtons, Claptons, Gilmours, E Johnsons, etc. models after they move on.

I don't think the Rhoads has really changed drastically since the prototype was designed, has it? Seems like Dime has a lot more varied products coming out that he may or may not have approved or had a hand in designing.
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

• Well the ML Dime model was definitely his, and IIRC he did sign off on the Razorback. And Randy never had a Rhoads with a Floyd Rose or 24 frets, though buyers clamored for them so they're made that way. The other Dime-related stuff I'd agree with you on, but again, if his heirs are signing off on those products, or at least not objecting, then they can do that. I'd only consider the Dean ML a "real" Dime product since those are what he loved to play, but they can try and sell what they want.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                    Well the ML Dime model was definitely his, and IIRC he did sign off on the Razorback. And Randy never had a Rhoads with a Floyd Rose or 24 frets, though buyers clamored for them so they're made that way. The other Dime-related stuff I'd agree with you on, but again, if his heirs are signing off on those products, or at least not objecting, then they can do that. I'd only consider the Dean ML a "real" Dime product since those are what he loved to play, but they can try and sell what they want.
                    I guess that's true on the Rhoads although I'm sure he'd have loved a Floyd on his Polka Dot V.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                    X