My guitar smells weird. WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guitar smells weird. WTF?

Okay, so I'm bored and tired. Having nothing else to do, I pick up my San Dimas and noodle around for a while. Somehow, I get the notion to smell my guitar. I smell the neck, the volume knob, the neck plate, nothing unusual, then I smell the bridge, I notice something funky going on here. I smell the pickups, and I am treated to a faint, yet almost nauseating smell. Imagine the combined smells of burned meat, gasoline, and old rusty coins. Yuck! I know this is a very weird thread, but this is really tripping me out right now. I'm guessing that the burned flesh/gasoline smell is just the combination of sweat/dead skin/stuff floating in the air decomposing, then the old coin smell is my sweat reacting with the various metals in the pickups. Once again, I know this is kinda weird, but has anyone else had odd aromas coming from their guitars?
    -A great man once said, "EMGs, they make a bad guitar sound good, and a great guitar sound good."
    My Rig- Charvel San Dimas Style 1
    Hands, featuring Fingers

That is all
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

That is all
      Agreed
      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Hang one of those pine tree air fresheners off of the headstock
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

Don't eat cheese before you play?
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

You might want to think about taking your bridge apart and cleaning each and every single part. After you're done get into the habit of washing your hands before you play and if you sweat a lot wipe your guitar down after you're done playing. And stay away from the cheese!

Comment

the ONLY time i have had a guitar smell "weird" is when i take my vintage strat out of the case. that smell only lasts a couple minutes though, and it is just the stench of 49 year old guitar case....
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

http://www.mintyass.com/

Comment

I used to have this problem but it went away when I stopped using the floyd to scratch my taint.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

My guitars smell fine. It's my playing that stinks.
                    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

dude, its because you shred so hard that its burning up the strings and overloading the pickups. go easy on it next time. or it will start smoking like Ace Frehley's guitar.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by dmccarthy View Post
                        rotflmao
                        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I bought a San Dimas Kelly from AlZ ten years ago and it smelled like bad NYC cologne. I just opened the case tonight...that smell never goes away!!

Evil Survives!!

Comment

Lol. At least it's stuff you can swap out...

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                              I used to have this problem but it went away when I stopped using the floyd to scratch my taint.

Uhhh... wait... Gross...:think:
                              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X