You win some/You lose some (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You win some/You lose some (pics)

So, I sold my 1991 USA Soloist on ebay last night for the somewhat disappointing price of $900 (well more like $830 after I pay ebay, paypal and included shipping). It had nearly 800 views on ebay, over 30 "watchers" and I got lots of messages about it, so I expected more action. Only two people bid. I think my big mistake was having it end at 8:30pm Sunday, because that's only 5:30 on the west coast (I live in Pennsylvania). I actually got more money for my 750xl, which went for $1200.00 a few months after I bought it for $525.00 (booyah!).

I assume I can post a link here since the auction is over: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110685335677

BUT I came across ANOTHER 750xl (am I a 750xl magnet?) for $600 w/ case and you know I had to buy it. My old 750xl had a much nicer figured top, this one is pretty plain (both are sunburst). Maybe I'll keep it, maybe I'll sell it and hope for a quick profit, who knows. The point is, I bought a 750xl and it's pretty sexy. I'm going to rewire it, because the original owner wired the pickups in a retarded way w/ a super 5 way switch:

1. Bridge
    2. Bridge split
    3. Bridge split + Neck split
    4. Bridge AGAIN
    5.Bridge + Neck out of phase

No neck pickup alone?

So that's my story for the day. Cheers.
    Last edited by Deadlock; 05-16-2011, 04:31 PM.

Wow! That's definitely a beauty. Congrats! That seems like a great price because there's one on eBay for over $1500 BIN.
    Sam

Comment

Yeah, if you're in PA you should end your listing around 11:30 PM EST--at least that's what I do. Though if somebody wanted it badly enough they could have been available at the time you ended that listing. No neck pup setting is pretty lame. Sometimes you can only wonder why...

Congrats on the new purchase.

Comment

Those super 5-ways can definitely confuse people. The dude might have had no clue what he was doing. He could have just gone and matched wire colors when changing them out not knowing every manufacturer uses different colors.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Or he followed a SuperSwitch wiring scheme, which is different from the Jackson Special 5-way. Then again, maybe he didn't like the neck pickup alone sound?

Are you sure the 2nd bridge option isn't Bridge Parallel?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nice one, I've been on the lookout for a well priced clean 750 myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Or he followed a SuperSwitch wiring scheme, which is different from the Jackson Special 5-way. Then again, maybe he didn't like the neck pickup alone sound?

Are you sure the 2nd bridge option isn't Bridge Parallel?
              That's actually what I thought, but when I switch between them they really sound the same. I don't know if it's the original Jackson switch or a replacement, so I'm just going to buy a new Fender Super 5-way and start from scratch, maybe install the DiMarzios I have laying around.

Comment

Working...
              X