Dimas era Rhoads question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimas era Rhoads question

picked up an 85 Rhoads custom, the seller didn't disclose a prior headstock repair. it looks pro done but the finish around the repair while smooth & pro looking doesn't match exactly color wise. What does a PRO refin cost? im just pissed off and will probably return it for a refund but other than the headstock repair the guitar is in almost mint condition. because of this and the fact its a cool old RR, im almost thinking of keeping it and having it refin'd. the seller said he'd be willing to do a partial refund if we can agree on an amount, i just don't know if i want a guitar with a headstock repair. YEAH i know tons of guitars have repaired headstocks, i personally don't like repaired cracks.
    return it
    0.00%
    keep it and leave it
    60.00%
    keep it have it painted
    40.00%

how much did you pay? If the price is right I'd keep it, a pro refin can be as low as $100. My avatar cost $180 including shipping, stripping, painting, and rewiring the guitar. He rounded the bindings and did a fret level for another $50. He can do anything you can think of and works very fast, is very cheap, and does amazing work. If you paid as much as one without a break then I'd return it but if you got a deal then I'd keep it. How many pros play guitars that have had a HS snap off before and it performs great for another 20+ years?

If you're interested in this guy PM me.
    1986 Aria Pro II Elite II
    BC Rich NJ DLX Warlock bass
    82-84 Burny LPC
    90 Jackson Rhoads Pro
    06 Dean CFH x2
    11 Dean Rebel Custom
    06 Dean DOFlame
    09 Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
    Dean D100 Dime amp
    Eleven Rack
    79 Furman PQ6
    Peavey 6505+

Comment

Look at the scarf joint on any guitar that has one. Maybe get some money back and keep it as is. Seems like a cool guitar from what you've mentioned. Just my two cents.

Comment

Dan Lawrence charges $300 for a solid color refin....and with Dan you know it will be perfect.
        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Is the Rhoads in question this one discussed in E-fraid?:

I emailed the seller requesting more pics on his prior auction when it had a higher BIN. I also asked about the RR logo on the back of the neck cos I never seen that before. He stated it was a sticker that was placed there when the back was "touched up". He didn't explicitly state it was a repair job, but I didn't ask any followup questions. But had I bought it and found out it was a HS repair, I'd be really ticked, especially after asking about the logo. If it were me, and if it played well, I'd negotiate a partial refund...a repair job should have been disclosed., then refin it in proper black n brass glory!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
          X