Jackson advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson advice

I played a JDR-94 for 13 years. Dropped a schaller floyd in, Lawrence L500, Duncan '59.... The works. It was pretty much the only guitar I used through four bands, countless shows and recording. Some douche stole it. I'm looking for another Jack and finding a 94 is like finding Waldo 8hrs into an acid trip. Every one I do manage to find is shot to hell. I've seen the PS-4, but I can tell just by looking at photos online that the neck isn't even close (is it?).

My Question is this: what's the closest I can get in terms of body size/shape and the neck profile of the JDR-94? I don't care about electronics. I miss the scooped horn and I'd trade my mother for that neck. Reverse headstock is a must. I'd like the trem cavity to be a good swap for the German-made schaller floyds, but I'm flexible so long as it takes some semblance of a decent original-style Floyd Rose (no Ibanez edge, edge pro, pro edge, edge pro II edge, etc...) Any suggestions? I stumbled into this forum and it seems you guys know your stuff - help!

Actually, the PS-4 is really the same guitar with a different model name/number and (depending on the production year) made in Korea instead of Japan. Jackson neck profiles do tend to change a little over time, but a Japanese PS-4 should be virtually indistinguishable from your old JDR-94 Otherwise, you might do well with a Dinky Rev(erse) Professional or DR-5.
    sigpic

Comment

JDR-94's kinda grow on trees around here. Become a platinum member and put up a wanted ad and you'll probably find one if you really want one.
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

There's one around here with an EMG in the bridge, where you at?

Comment

I'm in Texas... Thanks for the tips, guys! Checking out the Dr5 they seem to be just as tough to find as the JDR, but it's definitely on my list of stuff to look out for. No middle pup only sweetens the pot. Platinum membership looks like a good idea since these models I'm looking for seem to go for next to nothing and building a collection is likely to happen if I have access to them (always had a thing for the fusion, too... just want to get my primary instruments in line first). Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Razorhoof78 View Post
            I played a JDR-94 for 13 years. Dropped a schaller floyd in, Lawrence L500, Duncan '59.... The works. It was pretty much the only guitar I used through four bands, countless shows and recording. Some douche stole it. I'm looking for another Jack and finding a 94 is like finding Waldo 8hrs into an acid trip. Every one I do manage to find is shot to hell. I've seen the PS-4, but I can tell just by looking at photos online that the neck isn't even close (is it?).

My Question is this: what's the closest I can get in terms of body size/shape and the neck profile of the JDR-94? I don't care about electronics. I miss the scooped horn and I'd trade my mother for that neck. Reverse headstock is a must. I'd like the trem cavity to be a good swap for the German-made schaller floyds, but I'm flexible so long as it takes some semblance of a decent original-style Floyd Rose (no Ibanez edge, edge pro, pro edge, edge pro II edge, etc...) Any suggestions? I stumbled into this forum and it seems you guys know your stuff - help!
            I've got a JD-R Pro for sale. Frets need a level and crown. It was originally black and the finish was all beat up so I refinished it Metallic Green. Everything else is original, including the pickups which I'm assuming you'd want to replace. email me at [email protected] if you're interested. I'm in So Cal.

Last edited by gerryl98; 06-03-2011, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Uh oh, newb, non-platinum WTB AND WTS ads. Tisk tisk.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

FYI, the Musician's Friend JD-R Pro isn't related; the OP is talking about the Concept series.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                  Uh oh, newb, non-platinum WTB AND WTS ads. Tisk tisk.
                  I'm not necessarily looking to buy here, just looking for advice on which models may fit my criteria, and the members of this forum have come through - I've sealed a deal on a DR5 (via CL) and will probably pick up a PS-4 if I can find an early one MIJ and in good shape. To those who gave the excellent recommendations, thank you. To homeboy selling the Pro, it's not my style and I suppose I agree with Twitch - site rules are there for a reason. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorhoof78 View Post
                    I'm not necessarily looking to buy here,.
                    I know, my remark was more directed at the other guy. Your OP has nothing offensive to the rules in it.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
                    X