Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LTD-017 AND LTD-083 ARRIVE SAFELY TODAY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTD-017 AND LTD-083 ARRIVE SAFELY TODAY!!!

Most of y'all know I'm a sucker for multiples in my collection, so when these two came up (about 3 days apart) I had to jump on them. Thanks to both party's who hooked me up with these great MINT LTD's, giving my 5 total in my collection now [LTD's 003, 016, 017, 083, and 199 are all mine]. I'm looking for one more V trem LTD to pair everything up if anyone has any leads.

Brett

http://www.collectguitars.com/Gear/BColeman.htm

PS - Thanks to Kevin for hosting this picture!

Re: LTD-017 AND LTD-083 ARRIVE SAFELY TODAY!!!

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

One day I need to score an LTD. Nice guitars. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Yeah, same here....and a Vinnie Vincent or two....one day...time for a super drool...

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Good score Brett!

I would like to pick up a v-trem version some day.

That is what I really wanted, but I can't complain about the schaller version.

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

In several years of searching with cash in hand, I've only come across two mint V trems, which were very expensive (and I purchased them on the spot). Supposedly (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) only 30 were built. Two out of my 5 LTD's have V trems, and they play like...well...let's just say you should buy one with a Floyd...but I didn't buy them to play.

Brett

[ July 25, 2003, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: brett8388 ]

Comment

I hate you. *gets jealous*

Comment

Hey Brett, are the v-trems stiff to play or what?

I have a SD Charvel with a V-trem and I like the way it plays. However, I don't use the bar so I put 5 springs in it and now it is esentially a fixed bridge.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] NICE SCORE!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

The V trems go out of tune pretty easy, and I'm not a heavy whammy bar player either, but I never thought of adding springs. However, I think when you consider the price difference bewteen the two, the Floyded version is a better overall bargain.

Brett

Comment

That is good to know. I have had a few guitars (and set up plenty more) with V-trems typically the tuning issues I have had were due to the # of windings around the posts. Minimizing the excess string is the key. The way I string, most strings only go around the post ~1 time. Adding the 5 springs helps to stabilze the bridge and thus removes another source of variability. The bridge movement causes the windings to loosen and the slight movement varies the tuning. Also, the old trick of using a pencil to put graphite in the nut helps to keep the string from sticking. (You probably already knew that, but others may not.)

I had a strat for a while that had tuning issues. I worked it over one day and when I was done I could hold it by the bar and bounce it up and down and it would stay in tune.

I don't play my LTD much, I pretty much bought it for looking at and to save it from a moronic spoiled kid that kept slobbering on it. I would like a v-trem to go with it, but I am in no rush to get one. Unless another situation occurs where I am once again forced swoop in and buy one. The great unwashed have no business owning a guitar like that... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

If you take the time to fine tune the nut slots, do a locking wrap with the strings at the tuners, and set the bridge up appropriately, you wont have many tuning issues. Vintage Strats and Jazzmaster's have been my main guitars for years and I have only minimal tuning problems. However, those systems are not meant to be dive bombed either.

Comment

Congrats Brett.

Comment

Working...
                          X