Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson PCS Rhoads question between 1993 and 2000 runs

Hi everyone,

New to the forum here and have a question about the PCS Rhoads runs. Is there any differences betweeb the PCS Rhoads run that was done in 1993/94 and the 2000/2001 runs besides the RR truss rod cover and Seymour Duncan logoed pickups? Am I correct that they did 200 guitars per each run? I know I should know this, but can't find any information. The PCS Rhoads is a great playng & looking guitar!

Thanks and hope you are all having a great day!

They redid the run? I musta missed that bit of info.

Or are you talking about the LTD (Concorde) runs?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nah Newc, there were some recent PCS reissues branded as a Shannon reissue, or something to that extent.

Sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

What I am making reference to is I have seen Rhoads PCS' from 2000/2001 that have the white labeled Seymour Duncans pups and gold RR truss rod cover and the '93/94's didn't have that I don't believe. Does that make sense? I'm just wondering is those are the only differences- both have the smaller sharkfins and gold handwritten Jackson logo.

Comment

Those would probably be the Shannon PCSs then, since I think he was not with Jackson when the first run was made.
          As such, those would probably have a higher value among collectors since he was there for Randy's originals.

However, you can put a replacement trussrod cover and logoed Duncans on an older one and try to pass it off as a Shannon, so you'd need to know the serial #s.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The PCS guitars from 2000/2001 are still part of the original run and I don't think they even got to 200. Mine is 139 and was from 2000. Mine has the Duncans with logo and the brass truss rod cover, which is very cool.

PCS guitars started in the early 90's and ran for quite a few years, being made in odd batches along the way it seems.

Because there was no special serial to denote if a PCS was a RR or a different model I'm not sure if that means that a lot less than 138 PCS Rhoads were built as they may have shared the numbers across a number of models.

There is a recent run of PCS RI (reissue) guitars that has started it all over again. I believe this is what the OP is referring to.

It seems the new PCS run does not have a PCS serial number though?

Comment

Working...
            X