No announcement yet.

Birthday present guitar???? Any help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday present guitar???? Any help??

O K here's the story. It was my birthday in daytona and i went in to Yancey's music store. There was a Jackson dinky on the wall.

i sat in the store and palyed it for almost 20 minutes and loved it. But i onnly had roughly 50$ my dad said he would pay the rest and I told him if it was a js not to waste the money.

He bought it anyway.

I am here to see if anyone can help me name it.. It's a 98 (which now i know its not a js) with jackson pickups and a licensed floyd rose. Bolt on neck. and a reverse headstock. Anyone know roughly what it is??? I am starting to beleive it is a dxmg.:think:

I currently cannot set up pictures. If you would like some i might be able to work something out so email me

Sounds like a performer. What are the inlays?
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Sounds like a PS-4.
      What is the pickup config?

The DXMG didn't exist in 98.
      -Rick

Comment

Does it have Performer on the headstock?
        Does it have small dot inlays and 24 frets?

Or does it have normals size dot inlays and 22 frets - could be a JS30DK?

For all its sins, I'd have a quick look on Ebay for something similar to diagnose it. Or do a search for Jackson back catalogues online: http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...998_Jackson%2F

I think Princess Leia features on page 6.

F me....Just seen they did a USA Star on there in 98 with abound reverse headstock....hmmmm

PS-4 with 24 frets and small dot inlays up high on the fretboard, similar to a Stealth. If that's what it is, how thin is the neck out of interest?
        Last edited by ginsambo; 07-15-2011, 03:05 PM.
        You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

22 frets fots

Comment

2 jackson humbuckers

Comment

and its normal size fret inlays sorry i didnt see that in beginning on first reply

Comment

Does it look like this? :think:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT?

Comment

Open a Photobucket account and upload pics.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

basically.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	144.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	2445507

There you go, If he sends me more pics...I'll post them

Comment

How do you know it's a '98?

What's the serial # ?
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by kramer View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]2452[/ATTACH]

There you go, If he sends me more pics...I'll post them
                          That looks like A JS30DK. If it has A 9 digit serial number on the back of the head.....and says Made in India.Click image for larger version

Name:	DV016_Jpg_Large_520302.011_trans_black.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	2445508 looks like this one
                          Last edited by kramer; 07-16-2011, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Now we are talking JS series. Anyone know if any of JS models have a 2 and 3/16" inch neck pocket? Specifically the JS20 model?

I think all the JS models have the Jackson 12-16" compound radius fretboard?

Reason is that I'm looking at a JS20 neck for my guitar, it needs to be 2 and 3/16", not 2 and 1/4" and have 22 frets, normal headstock orientation and no locking nut. I know some Indian models have a 2 and 3/16" neck pocket, but don't know if that is ancient history now.

All the other JS Dinky series JS1, JS30, JS22R, JS23 and JSDKT all have a reverse headstock or 24 frets or a locking nut.

JS20 for parts might be a last cheap option before going to Warmoth for a neck

Comment

Working...
                            X