Wacken Open Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wacken Open Air

Anyone here going to the Wacken Open Air festival in Germany next weekend?

I'll be playing with Twisted Tower Dire at 1:00 on Saturday afternoon. I'll be playing my 1998 CS Rhoads (24 frets, interference paint [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ).

That's the only guitar I'm taking since I have limited luggage room on the plane. I thought about taking the 2002 NAMM Tribal Rhoads, but I don't trust the airlines with that one, even in an anvil case!

I hope to see some of you in Germany!

Cheers,
    Matt
    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Re: Wacken Open Air

Lucky dog! Man, I would give my left nut to go to that festival!! That is the premiere metal fest in the world for REAL metalheads. I DO have two gold badges to ProgPower IV in Atlanta this year though, so I can't complain too much... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Wow, that's cool - I love TTD, and congrats to you on playing with them. Have a great time, and remember to drink as much of that awesome German dopplebock as you can! ... mmmm!

Metal on!

Comment

Thanks Brian.

When I get back from Germnay I go see Maiden/Dio/Motorhead the next weekend, then I see Death Angel a week later, and then 4 weeks after that I have Gold Badges for Prog/Power - it's going to be a good concert summer for me.
      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I'm going! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Actually I live only 50 km away from Wacken, the trip only takes one hour or something. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

man, I'm looking forward to see you play, hehe!
        Well, last year we had lots and lots of Jackson Rhoads players... almost all bands I saw had at least one guitarist playing a Rhoads. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Btw, some days ago I revived the Wacken thread in the Non-C/J-forum... it would be great if we could organise a JCF meeting or something.
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I'd give anything to go to Wakken. I'm a little dissapointed Iced Earth pulled out for obvious reasons, but the rest of the bill makes up for it. Have a great gig and good luck. Bring back some pics

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
            almost all bands I saw had at least one guitarist playing a Rhoads.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's because almost all the bands that play at that fest kick MAJOR FU(KING ASS!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The concert organizers in the States sure could take a lesson from the Europeans when it comes to these things. Thank God we have ProgPower and the BW&BK fests, otherwise, we'd have almost nothing at all to look forward to...

Comment

I will be there, too!
              I checked mp3's of TWISTED TOWER DIRE, great music, dude!!! I will come to your gig on saturday, not only to see you rhoads!
              Please check the website of my Heavy Metal Band called Seduction www.seduction-metal.com !
              I just saw that you were produced by Piet Sielck! I heard that he is a dictator when he produces....! Tell me....

Comment

Hey matt is their anywhere where you have your guitars hosted for me to look at, I know you love rhoads, as I do too!

Comment

wacken?!?
                  hell yeah, I'll be there with another about 30-40 guys and we're gonna have a blast there!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

mud, blood an beer is all I say... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  I hope there's gonna be as much mud as we had last year...
                  I ****in love mud!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] throwing around with that **** was about thew biggest fun I've had last year... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I didn't know we've got members in here gigin fests like wacken?!? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                  you're really a lucky guy...

do you have a meet'n greet planned?
                  I'd be glad to get to know you on wacken...
                  we could have a whole **** of booze and a nice chat bout rhoads together... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

cya///micha
                  tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Working...
                  X