Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Guitar is this?

Is it a JS Series? Model? Year?

Those are Jackson pickups not EMG's but with plastic covers on them.
    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Looks like a JS30 to me.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Thanks, what year you reckon? Or is it still current?

Comment

If it's a JS30, it's recent/current, as indicated by the trem. Previously that model had a non-locking trem IIRC.

Then again I think the Euro market had the JS35s, which were floyded versions of the JS30s, before the JS30s got floyded.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah Jackson keep mixing and matching their specs and models as always so I didn't know what it was. Even the latest JS1 (R) model features a pic of a 22 fretter with a 24 fret spec sheet...Have they updated all the latest JS models to 24 frets?

I only ask because this particular guitar has a 2 and 3/16" neck pocket and 22 frets (Long story), where as some of them don't.

Also noticed that there are some JS1's and JS20's (Normal headstocks) about with similar charvel like 12th fret dot inlays (ie close together instead of wide apart), but these seem to be mostly in the US, or maybe they were the earlier ones.

Like this one (Right) - close 12th fret dot inlays

JS35 never gets a mention in the UK, so probably sold under a different name. Although often the marketing for the rest of Europe is different for us lot.

All the JS20 and JS1's I've seen have widely spaced 12th fret dot inlays and are normal jackson neck pocket. Think I want a 96 JS20 like in the catalogue as I reckon that one is 3/16" also, I know for sure the PS4 is.

On the Jackson site they all seem to be superceded now then with 24 frets.
          Last edited by ginsambo; 07-17-2011, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Does the serial # on the neck plate start with a 9 or a 0. I don't see any shark fins on the fretboard. If the serial # starts with a 0 more than likely made in India. Does it say where it is made at behind the tuning keys, look for a sticker.
            I put most psychiatrists on the couch.

Comment

If its a 9 does that mean its Korean? Was Korea production pre India for these budget models?

Have they now switched production again? I hear they are dropping the Indian Cedar body for Alder with the new JS sharkfin models.

Oh its so complicated...

Comment

9 is Japan, 0 is anywhere else.

If the guitar is physically in your possession, take off the neck and see what's in the pocket and on the heel (model, date, etc).
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

This is the most common JS20 version found here - note the widely spaced 12th fret dot inlays (Different to '96 catalogue) and it also has a standard 2 1/4" neck pocket.

The JS30DKT (Hardtail TOM) also has dot inlays, although depending on what dealer you go to you can get 24 fret version with dot inlays or a 22 fret version with dot inlays.

No its not in my possession. I'm trying to find a 22 fret JS (Preferable non reverse headstock) with a 2 and 3/16" neck pocket. I know a lot of JS30's over here have them, but also the early and some other JS30's had them too, so I'm searching one of them out as shown in the catalogue - I think its the early one with close 12th fret dot inlays.
                  Last edited by ginsambo; 07-17-2011, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    9 is Japan, 0 is anywhere else.
                    Not necessarily. ie, 99xxxxxx would be India 1999

There are plenty of Japanese guitar serials starting with 0.

Peeps need to just post the whole ser # please. GTWSNITP so to speak
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If you do a search for Jackson JS20 on Ebay.com there are several blue ones on there, some with close spaced 12th fret dot inlays and some with wide spaced inlays. I'm sure some of the closed space ones are 2 & 3/16". Anyway they look cooler and more authentic, more like Charvel/jackson rather than some unbranded neck made good - wide dot spacing doesn't suit. I think they did a 12-14" radius on earlier models also. In fact, looking at the pics, I'm convinced the wider dot spaced neck is wider at the heel by a sixteenth of an inch.
                      Last edited by ginsambo; 07-17-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Its a Jackson, boo yah!!
                        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                          Its a Jackson, boo yah!!
                          Ever seen that film with Sacha Baron Cohen - 'Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan'

...well I just had to look up WTF 'Boo Yah' means...NOT! Man that film was funny as feck.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt the first year Jackson DKMG or DXMG (something like that) feature dot inlays instead of the typical Jackson Sharkfin Inlays. They were like an expensive Performer model, it featured the dual humbuckers and the reverse headstock but if I remember right, they were are 24 fret models and yours is a 22 fret model. You should be able to do a serial number search through Jackson and determine year and model.

Comment

Originally posted by x7stringx View Post
                              Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt the first year Jackson DKMG or DXMG (something like that) feature dot inlays instead of the typical Jackson Sharkfin Inlays. They were like an expensive Performer model, it featured the dual humbuckers and the reverse headstock but if I remember right, they were are 24 fret models and yours is a 22 fret model. You should be able to do a serial number search through Jackson and determine year and model.
                              I believe only US serial numbers are searchable through Jacksons site.

Comment

Working...
                              X