Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Asylum

Anyone know if these guys are legit? http://guitarasylum.com/

Noticed their price for the CMG bass is about a $100 less than other places.

Just curious

It's because they are insane.

People have been mentioning lately they get no response when emailing the company.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I got a email from them saying they will reply to my email soon a week or so ago.

They look legit, but still skeptical .

Getting ready to buy a CMG bass soon and they have the cheapest price for one.

Comment

Do they have an actual store front?
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

The only pictures I've seen of their store I guess it would be is what they have for some clinic they had back in April with the guitarist from Animals as Leaders. Located in or right outside New York.

Comment

Do we have any members from that area? From what I've seen on their site I would have been there at least once if I lived in that area.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I live 5 minutes away from the place. They just moved into this new location this month. The old location was just a mile down the road. Maybe they are out of sorts at the moment due to the move. They have had their storefront in the area for like 10 years. Ive been there once to try and buy a backplate for a strat. When it was Lussos, way back when, I was in there a few times. So, yes they are a real store.

Comment

thanks

Comment

I would be like a kid in a candy store there. I have only one store kinda like that and it's an hour away. When I was in Minneapolis taking care of my mother I got to be a kid with all the music stores there. Every time I go and see her I make the rounds and just enjoy all of the beautiful equipment that I can't afford.

Comment

The only place I have like that is 5 hours away from me lol, all the stores near me don't really carry much of the stuff I like.

Comment

I have emailed them in the past, sometimes got responses, sometimes not. their prices were always very high IMO. I never bought anything from them.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

They have stuff posted on Ebay with "no returns" but the policy on their web site is return for credit/refund IIRC... No fucking way I'm dropping over $2K for a guitar I can't return if it's a dud. They do get some nice stuff sometimes, though.

Comment

I have a pick-up on order from them and have been having issues getting a response for over 6 weeks now. I finally got an email back and was told another 2-3 weeks. I've spoken to them on the phone and their service has been hit or miss. I've been told I have to speak to GAry and that he will call me back in an hour and never receive a call, ever! I am pretty sure its the last time I order from them.
                          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I bought a CS Charvel from them a few years ago because the price they quoted me was several hundred less then the other two stores I had gotten quotes from. I was told I would have to wait for the guitar since it was ordered at NAMM and would arrive in a couple of months.They took my deposit and the wait began. The two months turned into 12 months and endless phone calls and emails often went without a response from them. I finally had a Charvel Rep who frequents this board get involved. What do you know they had had my guitar in their store for 3 months and never called or emailed me? They actually had the guitar I had put a deposit on hanging in their store for sale with a price tag several hundred more then they had quoted me? They simply did not want to honor the price they had quoted me but were quick to take my deposit and hold onto it for months. I finally got the guitar and have since sold it but be warned they are douches as previously mentioned.

Comment

Seen reviews on ebay about them having horrible customer service. Thinking I'm just gonna go somewhere else to get my bass. Havent really heard anything bad about Gearhounds so probably try them.

Comment

Working...
                              X