Can you identify this Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    The SL3s came with the LFR at first (and Duncan Designed pickups). Later models got the OFR and real Duncans. Though, the trems can be swapped out easily. And as far as weight goes, different guitars can vary with their weight.
    Arent the OFRs on the imports, though OFRs, a different model than whats on the USAs? Not correcting, seriously thought it was this way.

EDIT: As a matter of fact the Jackson site shows the SL3MG to have a Floyd Rose FRT-O2000, whereas the SL1 is said to have a Floyd Rose Original. My question is, are these 2 different models, or some kind of backwards marketing scheme?
    Last edited by Twitch; 07-21-2011, 06:34 PM.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
      EDIT: As a matter of fact the Jackson site shows the SL3MG to have a Floyd Rose FRT-O2000, whereas the SL1 is said to have a Floyd Rose Original. My question is, are these 2 different models, or some kind of backwards marketing scheme?
      Where you been?

FRT-O2000 = Made in Korea (also found on Charvel Pro Mods)

Floyd Rose Original = Made in Germany
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Where you been?

FRT-O2000 = Made in Korea (also found on Charvel Pro Mods)

Floyd Rose Original = Made in Germany
        Thats what I thought, but Joe was talking like it was the same thing(again not correcting), I guess he was speaking under common knowledge, Ive been wrong before, so I just wanted to make sure I had my facts straight. Thanks.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Oh, OK. They actually *are* the same design; just manufactured in different countries. There are lots of threads about the pros & cons of the FRT. Probably located over in USA Charvels starting a couple years ago.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What Ron said...
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by maciekmaciek19 View Post
              Hi guys,

Can somebody tell me which soloist this is.
              I'm a bit confused as I thought they always come with the OFR and this one has the licensed FR. The pot knobs are probably replaced.
              The guitar is really heavy, like mahogany.
              The serial number is 020202 - how to decode?
              Can you tell if this is the real thing?
              Thanks!

Here are the pics:

http://www.computerforge.co.uk/jsl/soloist/gallery.php
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Jack2002Page02.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	2445523

Dude there is your guitar. Same color/finish
              same pups..
              maciekmaciek19's guitar in A 2002 jackson catalog......WTF?

How did you do that?
              Heh...
              Those are damn fine guitars..I got one in A trade...here
              Traded A pre-pro for it.
              they play...like A model 6 in my opinion

Comment

Hey, I'm glad it's the genuine sl3. I was confused as it's different than my other soloist but the guitars are from different years so I guess it's OK.

^^ What's A model 6?

Thanks for your help guys.

Comment

import charvel model series manufactured in the Japanese Chu Shin Gakki factory, charvel model 1, charvel model 2, charvel model 3, charvel model 4, charvel model 5, charvel model 6, charvel model 7, model 8, wear a neckplate with Charvel Jackson P.O. Box 2344 Fort Worth, TX 76113. Fort Worth Era us charvels, charvel model kahler, Kahler, Floyd Rose, superstrat, charvel texas neck plate are great guitars.

Model series, 1 thru 6.

Comment

So you reckon this is a good example of the SL3? Is it rare or something? It plays like hell !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X