Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Charvel strat-style bridge

Hi everyone.

I recently bought 2 Charvels(a CX strat-style and an unknown strat-style with 2 humbuckers) both of which are in need of replacement trems. The trems on both would be strat-style not Floyds. The 6 screw holes at the bridge are slightly narrower than on most other standard start-style guitars and I can't find strat-style bridges to fit them. I've looked eveywhere, ebay, provately, guitar shops/technicians, and found nothing.

Can anyone help?

You need the trem from a model series (model 1) or maybe a charvette too. I was unable to find an aftermarket one when I needed it too.

Comment

One thing that makes me avoid a certain guitar is unpopular hardware that is difficult to find a replacement for. I've seen cool old school (1980's) Dean guitars with a Jackson headstock and a sweet ebony fretboard neck, but it has a whacky trem that gives me the chills. Same with some Yamaha stuff.

I've never had a Model 1, but if the bridge is some off the wall spacing brand that is gard to get replacements for, that's a reason to avoid these. I always assumed these were regular or MIM strat spacing so that you could upgrade to a Callaham (and a can of black spray paint) someday.

Comment

I believe the model 1 trem is a gotoh, a very solid unit, but the spacing is narrower than a typical fender unit. If you loose a saddle it can be quite a problem to find one that fits with the rest. That alien axe guy on ebay wants a fortune for one but he wants a fortune for everything. Im assuming that the OPs cx series has a similar trem on it. OP, Why do you need new trems? Are they missing saddles? rusty? cracked blocks?

Comment

You will find what you need at South East Music; it's an Ebay store, they got a lot of stuff... for few bucks... Your trem must be 52,5mm from E to E: Check it out ...

Comment

Working...
          X