Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction Post of Sorts...

Hello Everybody,
    Before I begin, I'd like to apologize in case I've posted this in the wrong place; it was between this and "Non Jackson/Charvel Related Talk", but when I saw the other recent introduction thread, I figured it would be best to follow suit.

So anyways, I've always had an infatuation with Jackson Guitars, even before I ever played guitar. Ever since I caught a glimpse of Randy Rhoads with his signature guitar, I knew Jackson would be a brand for me. Then one day when I was looking for pictures of a particular Jackson guitar (I can't remember which one unfortunately), Google images brought me here. I looked around and lurked for awhile, and then decided this is a place I'd like to stay for awhile. So here we are

So I've been playing guitar for about two and a half years now, and I'm currently the rhythm guitarist in a metal band. I have only owned 3 Jacksons, and I'm sure my collection would seem pretty meager to most of you here, but it works for me. I dream of the day I can afford to buy a USA made soloist, but for now I'm pretty happy with what I have. I suppose you're probably getting tired of me talking and you want to see some pictures or something, so I guess I'll get to that.

My first Jackson guitar was a DXMG. I know the DXMG isn't exactly a model that's sought after, and to be honest I wasn't crazy about the looks of it at first either. But I was dying to get a Dinky, and I really wanted one with a floating trem. I got a great deal on this one on ebay, and it has been my work horse ever since. I swapped out the EMG-HZ's for a set of Seymour Duncan Blackouts, and now this guitar is perfect for me. It has killer tone, decent looks, stays in tune despite any whammy abuse, and it has the best action out of any guitar I've ever owned. I freakin' love it

I know once you've seen one DXMG, you've seen them all, but I might as well post a picture anyways, right?

Next up would be my Rhoads PS-37. Again, I know the Performer Series is pretty much bottom of the barrel, but it still works for me. I got this in a trade off of craigslist. I posted my POS Epiphone Goth Flying V (Ironically, to buy a different Rhoads at a local music store) and somebody offered me this in an even trade. The Rhoads came with a case and didn't have a scratch on it (now there's a dent on the control plate where my drummer threw a stick at me, I still want to kill him for that ), where as the Epiphone was beat to all hell and didn't even come with a gig-bag. I'm still not quite sure what the guy was thinking, but hey, I'm not going to complain. The sticker was on it when I got it, and I decided to keep it on. Currently I have the EMG-HZ's out of my DXMG in it, though I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them there.

Lastly, there was my DX2. I grabbed this thing off of craigslist for only $100. Although it was beat to all hell, I still loved the finish, I think it is a beautiful guitar regardless. I was going to make a project out of it, but it was in need of a total refret, and I didn't have the money to pay somebody to do it or the resources to do it myself, which I would rather do because I love working on guitars. So sadly, I had to sell this one. Hopefully the buyer is treating it right.

So I guess that about wraps things up. Hopefully this forum can be my second home, I'm definitely planning on sticking around
    Last edited by -PhantomLord-; 07-29-2011, 12:05 PM.

Welcome to the forum. BTW, that Rhoads is a PS3T, not a 37. It's a script letter T.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Really? I've had that thing for a year (a year ago yesterday, actually), and all this time I had no idea, I feel dumb now. But thanks for pointing that out to me

Comment

Welcome Phantom! Early 'Tallica fan, eh?

Here's the brochure on the Performers: http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...n_Performer%2F

Actually, DXMGs are pretty sweet, lots of us have one.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by -PhantomLord- View Post
          all this time I had no idea, I feel dumb now. But thanks for pointing that out to me
          Don't worry about it, it's a very common error. But now you're here and will not make any more!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Welcome Phantom! Early 'Tallica fan, eh?

Here's the brochure on the Performers: http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...n_Performer%2F

Actually, DXMGs are pretty sweet, lots of us have one.
            Yes sir, can't go wrong with some Kill 'em All now and then . And that does make sense now, I could never figure out where they got the 37 from, but 3T makes a lot more sense with the tremolo and whatnot. Man, I've been here about 20 minutes and I'm already getting way more help than I expected, I'm definitely glad I joined

Comment

Welcome to the madness!

Comment

I don't know exactly why, but I really dig that sticker on the Rhoads. Goes well with the color, too.

Welcome.

Comment

Thanks, I really like it too. I'm not a huge fan of stickers on guitars, but once I saw it in person I decided to keep it on there, it really has grown on me

Comment

Welcome man!

And one day when you get that USA Soloist, you will never want to get anything else!

Comment

Welcome!

I think those DX2 finishes were gravure anyways, so don't sweat the loss of it too much. Just replace it with a DK-1 some day.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by -PhantomLord- View Post
                        My first Jackson guitar was a DXMG. I know the DXMG isn't exactly a model that's sought after, and to be honest I wasn't crazy about the looks of it at first either. But I was dying to get a Dinky, and I really wanted one with a floating trem. I got a great deal on this one on ebay, and it has been my work horse ever since. I swapped out the EMG-HZ's for a set of Seymour Duncan Blackouts, and now this guitar is perfect for me. It has killer tone, decent looks, stays in tune despite any whammy abuse, and it has the best action out of any guitar I've ever owned. I freakin' love it
                        I have a lot of very high end guitars, but when DXMG's are selling for $180, I can't resist. Great guitar and value for the money. I like the Hz's myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          Welcome!

I think those DX2 finishes were gravure anyways, so don't sweat the loss of it too much. Just replace it with a DK-1 some day.
                          Yeah, I've moved on to better things, but I was planning on sanding it down and giving it a natural finish, I think it would have looked killer. But I'll live without it, if I had a DK1 you definitely wouldn't hear stories about me selling it

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          I have a lot of very high end guitars, but when DXMG's are selling for $180, I can't resist. Great guitar and value for the money. I like the Hz's myself.
                          I'd have to agree with you, I think the HZ's are highly underrated. I don't think I'd ever buy them as a replacement pickup, but if they come stock in a guitar I can't really complain.

Comment

Welcome home, nice collection you're starting there. Everyone of us started somewhere, you may feel an uncontrollable urge to buy more guitars hanging out here though!!!!
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Haha trust me, I already get that uncontrollable urge whenever I go a few months without something new, being here will just give me guitars to add to my wish list

Comment

Working...
                              X