No announcement yet.

Jackson's new X series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol Thanks Bill. I first noticed the gap between the Floyd and bottom of the body was night and day between my RR3 and RR5FR.

One more thing, notice the space between the TOM and bridge pickup, comparing the RRXT and RR5.

I just don't understand why there are so many differences.

Btw, I'm in for a group buy if anyone else wants a RRXBP7. Bukkake Pearl sounds like a fabulous color
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

• I think it's just the picture angle

Comment

• It's not. I'm holding 2 Rhoads' at the moment.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

• you have a rrxt in your hand that you can show us a picture of the neck joint at the 17th fret? And are you just looking at the differences between the 22 and 24 fret rhoads models and floyded and tom models?

Comment

• Nope. I have an RR3, and RR5FR. Both Floyd equipped. Only difference being neck-through versus bolt-on. I can find a better picture of the RRXT if you would like.

Comment

• Here ya go, hopefully this will suffice.

Comment

• to me the picture has the guitar angled forward a little giving the illusion that it starts at the 17th fret.

Comment

• I agree that the original picture of the green RRXT was angled, but I don't believe the trans-black model is.

Comment

• The original link for this picture gets really big and does show the body getting wider at the 18th fret.

Comment

• AXE, that is a great comparison. Here is the RR24m and the RRXMG. Looks like its designed keeping the former in mind. however, the body seems a tad bit smaller.

Sam

Comment

• That RR24 is cool. perfect for BJS graphic.

No, I really like the look of that..clean! The V knob looks a tab bit out of the way..or is that an optical illusion? That's important to me!!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• On the RR24 its in the perfect location, not annoyingly under the bridge pickup like most other J/C's. Doesnt get in the way of your hand or the bar, but at the same time is easily accessible.
                          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• I´m now a happy RRXMG owner/player!

First impression is that this guitar looks very good. There are few minor quality problems but i consider them very small: Truss rod cover has a strange curve (it has not been cut straight) and headstock´s paint finish has small area where surface is not even. These don´t mean much to me, I have truss rod covers which I can swap with faulty one.

However, there was something funny with electronics because at first I could not get clean sounds from this RRXMG and only after I plugged my JS32Rhoads in and checked my multieffect pedal was ok RRXMG was ok too...

Binding looks very nice (I haven´t got a guitar with bindings before so I´m not sure how it should look like).

I don´t think I have to do much to this guitar, action is fine and overally "out of the box" experience is much better than with JS32 which came from same factory, but of course price 2x so it should be better.

I think I have to make one modification: upper strap lock is placed stupidly, I guess it has to be relocated to same place as it is on JS32. I have also considered to add a fake control plate just for looks.

I think this RRXMG will be my primary instrument as home musician from now on.
                            My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

• well, is it made in india? and....where are the pics????
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by markD View Post
                                well, is it made in india? and....where are the pics????
                                A seller on eBay confirmed these are made in India.
                                Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X