No announcement yet.

Jackson's new X series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would assume these would replace the MG series? Maybe that will mean blowout prices on the current model. :O
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

I think that all the guitars features EMG X pickups (difficult to sat from the video). Maybe the reason why they call it X serie?
      What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Originally posted by SLY View Post
        I think that all the guitars features EMG X pickups (difficult to sat from the video). Maybe the reason why they call it X serie?
        That's what I thought too, however, the EMG-X PUs have an X on them, and the PUs in the video don't have any, so I wonder what so "X"y about this release?
        Binding, nice trans finishes and black hardware probably means some goooood stuff.
        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

And I just bought a js series Rhoads. Why did they wait till after summer Namm to let us know?
          I put most psychiatrists on the couch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr loomis View Post
            And I just bought a js series Rhoads. Why did they wait till after summer Namm to let us know?
            church posted about this (well, the ad) 2 weeks ago: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/121...n-Guitar-World...
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Oooh, binding!
              You noticed that too eh? This looks really interesting, now we have to wait five years before Jackson updates their site

Looks really promising though.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

That White rr. I just got a boner - is that normal ?

Comment

[QUOTE

I would assume these would replace the MG series? Maybe that will mean blowout prices on the current model. :O

][/QUOTE]Why? There has been both series for a long time.

Comment

Did anyone else noticed the "Floyd Special" on these? I may be wrong but these will be probably made in China just like the new Charvel Desolation models. So from a price point, they would fit in between the JS and Pro.
                    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I think that's their point, yeah - to have something to compete with the LTDs and Schecters in this price range, now that the Pros are over 1K.

Edit: These are consistent with the "X" series Ellefson basses they already announced, other than the EMGs.
                      Last edited by eaeolian; 08-02-2011, 09:29 AM.
                      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                        Did anyone else noticed the "Floyd Special" on these? I may be wrong but these will be probably made in China just like the new Charvel Desolation models. So from a price point, they would fit in between the JS and Pro.
                        Keep in mind though that the PDX is considered an X series model and that is MIJ and only $550.00. So who knows really.

I think Eaeolian is right though these new models are made to compete with Schecter and LTD models. I want to see more specs first as well.

Comment

Originally posted by eaeolian View Post
                          I think that's their point, yeah - to have something to compete with the LTDs and Schecters in this price range, now that the Pros are over 1K.
                          Exactly how I think.
                          JB aka BenoA

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                            I may be wrong but these will be probably made in China just like the new Charvel Desolation models.
                            Let's not jump to conclusions. They better not be.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by church2224 View Post
                              Keep in mind though that the PDX is considered an X series model and that is MIJ and only $550.00. So who knows really.

I think Eaeolian is right though these new models are made to compete with Schecter and LTD models. I want to see more specs first as well.
                              Actually the PDX is made in India... If the X series are Chinese, I'll be very disappointed.
                              -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                                Let's not jump to conclusions. They better not be.
                                I'm like you on this but ESP/LTD, Suhr/Ramsus, Fender/Squier, some EBMM/Sterling are made in China now.

Played an LTD the other day that was made in Vietnam! :think:
                                JB aka BenoA

Comment

Working...
                                X