Jackson's new X series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
    Actually the PDX is made in India... If the X series are Chinese, I'll be very disappointed.
    Yea, I will be to, with reason being that the bodies probably will be made out of bamboo this time around. LOL!
    Last edited by Dr loomis; 08-02-2011, 11:06 PM.
    I put most psychiatrists on the couch.

Comment

Why? There has been both series for a long time.

I was thinking because of the finishes, emgs and expected price range. That along with wishful thinking. :P why would you need two sub models of the same guitars that offer nearly the same features at nearly the same price.

(ffs 4 edits to get a quote to work properly, it had about 14 un-needed symbols in it for some reason o.O )
      Last edited by TKEblue; 08-02-2011, 10:22 PM.
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Comment

What does that have to do with the discussion?
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
            It's the same music as the ad... Other thn that... nothing.
            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Actually, I don't think it is the same song. The music in the ad is just a ripoff of the Papa Roach.

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
              What does this have to do with the discussion?

Comment

Well, back in the 90´s there was a japanese-made X-series, that sat slightly below the Pro series and above the Performers. It consisted of the RR-X, KE-X, DR-X and AT-X, if memory serves. Maybe it´s the same kind of deal again, though I doubt there is room to make something cheaper than the Pro´s in Japan these days.

Comment

Those I think are non usa releases.
                  BUT there has been an x series for a very long time. some used to be made in india and they moved production to japan. the biggest difference is the cheaper pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                    It's the same music as the ad... Other thn that... nothing.
                    No it's not.

Anyway, which is better: Made in India or Made in China?
                    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Any pics with feature list of guitars or all we get is that teaser vid for now?

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                        Any pics with feature list of guitars or all we get is that teaser vid for now?
                        Seems like the Jackson web site hasn't changed. It seems it takes forever to get change there.
                        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                          Did anyone else noticed the "Floyd Special" on these? I may be wrong but these will be probably made in China just like the new Charvel Desolation models. So from a price point, they would fit in between the JS and Pro.
                          I keep looking at the vid and I cannot see it saying Floyd Special anywhere on it....maybe I am missing it.

I am starting to rethink the whole "Made in China" aspect. My Macbook Pro was made in China and it is great. Also Rasmus guitars by Suhr are MIC and I picked up a M101 at my local store and I was very impressed with it. So who knows?

I just hope Jackson does not do away with the Japanese and USA Models...I always am paranoid that could happen...

The only turn off for me would be if they all had Floyd Special Bridges. THAT would be a major let down.
                          Last edited by church2224; 08-03-2011, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I think theres more to the made in china thing than the QC aspect. It also has a lot to do with not supporting a country that does not pay its employees a fair wage and has lured many U.S. companies there with its cheap labor and lack of business ethics. I mean look at all the chinese fakes that violate all sorts of copyright laws and such. The chinese govt wants to be the leader in global manufacturing but does not want to follow any of the rules. Im sure a decent product can be made there. Sometimes you cant avoid buying chinese made stuff but I think there are many alternatives with guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by church2224 View Post
                              I keep looking at the vid and I cannot see it saying Floyd Special anywhere on it....maybe I am missing it.

I am starting to rethink the whole "Made in China" aspect. My Macbook Pro was made in China and it is great. Also Rasmus guitars by Suhr are MIC and I picked up a M101 at my local store and I was very impressed with it. So who knows?

I just hope Jackson does not do away with the Japanese and USA Models...I always am paranoid that could happen...

The only turn off for me would be if they all had Floyd Special Bridges. THAT would be a major let down.
                              The one shot that shows a Floyd Special is when the camera is on the bridge of the sunburst Soloist. I stopped it and could see Floyd Rose clearly. But just under it you can make out Special.
                              So I would say yes there is at least some equipped with the Special.
                              Maybe not all of them. We will see. Schecter and LTD both have model levels with FRT-2000 and Specials accoring to price.
                              After seeing the Charvel neck thru's with natural or satin necks I am hoping the Japanese line gives us something similar.
                              Lets face it. Feature sets and flash have been the biggest complaints from here.
                              You got some guys who scream for something new, and then bitch about the new ideas while talking up the old status quo.
                              Chinese manufacturing was inevitable in order to be relavent to the market today. Although I would have loved seeing the Harmony factory get the contracts. Since they have done a great job on the necks they have put out. They can build them as well as you want them to. And over there thats determined by what they will spend.

I know it will hurt someones feelings, but Bravo JCMI for taking the plunge and trying something new. Rather then nothing at all. I hope it pays off big for real J/C devotee's.
                              An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                              A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

I don't care which country its built in, so long as its built well and sounds good.
                                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                                X